3,105 results
All reviews the red owl tavern rooftop bar independence hall liberty bell alice in wonderland wine hour stratus lounge old city park view across the street soaking tub yoga mat complimentary wine beautiful hotel wedding weekend mini bar historic district
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia is a gorgeous hotel with excellent customer service. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The decor is unique, aesthetically appealing, and uplifting. The hotel staff were friendly and genuinely interested in doing anything they could to make our stay a good one. The Kimpton Kids program delighted my daughter with cookies and milk. The wine hour was a treat. Breakfast at the Red Owl Tavern was also lovely. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank memjem
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Hey Memjem!!

That’s so cool that you and the FAM had fun. Happy to see the kids like the cookies and milk, and the adults enjoyed the wine hour, that’s my favorite time of day!

Hope to welcome you back for round 2 of a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

My family and in-laws stayed at the Kimpton Monaco Hotel for 3 days. We were able to get an adjoining room with an excellent view of Independence Hall. The rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. The service in the hotel was excellent as each employee thought of himself/herself as the owner of a family business. If there was an issue, the employees became good problem solvers. This is a hotel that will get reup business and it certainly appealed to families who wanted to bring their dogs along. The 5pm free wine in the lobby was also a treat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank steven41003

Thanks Steven41003!

Happy to see that both your family and the in-laws enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for staying with us and for the 5 stars.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband, daughter (9), and two dogs (35 lbs each). The staff were warm and helpful. Most requests were fulfilled promptly. We stayed in a queen parkview room and it had ample room for us all. View is awesome and you cannot beat the location! There is a park right across the street from the hotel for my dogs to explore and there were many great restaurants within walking distance. Based on the this experience, I will seek out other Kimpton properties when traveling.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear CassieR62,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to see that you and your fam enjoyed your trip to Philly and the Monaco.

We hope to see you on your next trip to the City of Brotherly Love!

Best,

Reviewed 31 March 2013

First off, I love Kimpton Hotels. I am very disappointed when I must go someplace and there is not a Kimpton Hotel. Hint Hint - Montreal, Canada.

My stay at the Monaco was the best. Rashid provided me that best service and an amazing tip - Check out the rooftop lounge early, because it really gets busy. I live for this hotel and the staff. It has to be one of the best I've stayed in so far. The living room is beautiful and big. The rooms are beautiful colors, with bathrooms with amazingly large showers and great water pressure. I loved all the mirrors throughout the hotel. The rooftop lounge, I wish we had this in DC, was crazy fab - the vapor room was my favorite. I am not a big meat eater but still really enjoyed the food at Red Owl Tavern, the hotel's restaurant. I will certainly make it a point to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a King room and it was an ok size, which is expected for staying in the city. I was on the 3rd floor - non dog floor, which was very quiet. My view was other rooms across the way, so if you don't mind seeing your neighbors at some point keep the curtains closed. I was fine with it or if requested, they would have moved me. Kimpton is great about things like that.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thanks Cocogold!!

WOW 5 stars thank you so much. You rock!! I am so excited to read about how much you love Kimpton and the Monaco. Roshid is an amazing person and truly is an asset to the team, I will be sure to thank him personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Maybe someday there will be a Kimpton in Montreal AY?

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I am an avid fan of Kimpton hotels. The Hotel Monaco is a beautiful new property in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and spacious and the whole place is a stone's throw from the liberty bell in the historic Old City neighborhood. There are tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Having tried several hotels in Philly, this one was the best. Will definitely stay here again in the future and would easily recommend to others.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hey Katiegirl77!

Wonderful experience for a wonderful guest! Sounds like the perfect match to me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind comments.

Come back and see us again soon.