3,089 results
All reviews the red owl tavern rooftop bar independence hall alice in wonderland liberty bell wine hour stratus lounge old city park view across the street soaking tub yoga mat complimentary wine beautiful hotel wedding weekend mini bar historic district
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family loved this hotel! The decor is so refreshing -- a place that dares to be different! We had a king suite -- it had a great view of the Liberty Bell Park and was fantastic location for our family of four...access to restaurants, sights, and public transportation. Comfy beds, a flat screen with a great choice of movies, closet and drawer space, lots of square footage -- so nice not to be crowded. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. My husband and I enjoyed the nightly happy hour, and we found breakfast in the downstairs restaurant great. The bathroom is cleverly designed (a second sink would have been handy, but we managed). The only complaint was that there seemed to be a dumpster emptying project in the alley below in the early hours of the morning -- which awakened the adults in the room for a few moments all but Sunday mornings. A minor inconvenience for a great room and stay -- would stay again. But hope they can work on the trash pickup schedule for next time so we can count on uninterrupted sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Awesome location, incredible service- T the doorman actually escorted us to his favorite local restaurant and told the host to look after us. Valet parking was worth it. Everyone on the staff, even the repairmen I encountered, couldn't do enough to help us. Bradley the doorman was great, too. Room was upgraded to 2 queens overlooking the park- and I mean overlooking! Convenient, clean, cheerful. Red owl (on site restaurant) great food, wonderful service from Natasha and Allen. We had a fabulous time, looking forward to staying again. Would stay at another kimpton hotel in another city because this one was so great.

Room Tip: Park side rooms show independence hall and liberty bell.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We loved, loved, loved this hotel. The staff is off the hook nice! Brian at the front desk is so helpful. Everybody was pleasant and professional. The room was clean but we didn't have a great view. (The view was a very close building.) Not a big deal because we were out and about. We took our dog and there was a grassy area just across the street for her. This hotel is in a fantastic location. Lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Monaco hotel for one night, and really loved the place.
The location is great, just next to Independance Hall and other museums (Liberty Bell, Museum of the Constitution, etc) - if you're in town for tourism, it's hard to do any better.

We didn't use the valet parking - price was very expensive, and there's a public parking just around the corner, costing less than half of what the hotel charges (plus, you won't have to wait 10 or 15 minutes in the morning to get your car, when everyone is checking out, too)

The atmosphere in the hotel is great, great deco everywhere, from common areas to the rooms.
There's a great rooftop lounge, too, with several rooms, pretty cool to have a drink when you reach the end of the day.

We had booked a King room with view over the park, which was splendid. The room itself, bathroom were very spacious.
Everything seemed very new, and the whole experience was very pleasant.

For sure, this was one of the best hotels we've stayed at, and we would definitely get back here next time we make the trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thanks mrmnem for sharing your recent stay with us! Sounds like you and your wife had a great trip to Philly. We too enjoy nothing more than ending a long day up on the roof at Stratus. Our comfy rooms will be waiting for your return.

Best Wishes,
Nick G

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This Kimpton property is my favorite. I've stayed at a few others and hands down this one takes the cake. The details in the decor, the location, the overall atmosphere were just awesome. I loved the room, and really everything about this hotel. There is a rooftop bar at this property which I checked out. Wasn't what I had expected but by no means do I mean that in a negative way. The vibe was like a nightclub / lounge without the loud music as opposed to a relaxing type lounge which is what I had expected. The front desk was very pleasant and friendly, the staff attending to the door were on point and it's just a great and enjoyable place to stay. Defintely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Mbl5687!

I loved reading your review! Nothing makes me smile more than seeing that we have not just exceeded someone's expectations but blown them away. No many like to admitt they have a favorite Kimpton, but we are honored to be yours! So glad you had an awesome time, can't wait to have you back.

Best Wishes,