Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Doubletree.com
US$268
US$201
2,917 results
All reviewsthe red owl tavernrooftop barindependence hallliberty bellalice in wonderlandwine hourstratus loungeold cityacross the streetpark viewsoaking tubyoga matcomplimentary winewedding weekendbeautiful hotelmini barhistoric district
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We spent a night in the Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia a couple of days after spending a night in the giant Marriott in the city. The experiences were vasty different. The Marriott was everything a typical that you would expect in a nice huge hotel. The Monaco was pleasing to the senses from the moment you walked in the door. The hotel was hoppin (not always what we are looking for) but the staff was on it, helpful, paid attention to the guest even with all the activity. The room was interesting and so comfortable. I love the different Kimpton property personalities. Our room was fairly quiet. The hotel location lends itself to wandering around and exploring. Great place to stay if you want both service and personality!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hey Pam,
I love the way you described the Monaco as pleasing to the senses. In my book, that is one of the most difficult things to achieve, but when done right its the most rewarding to our guests.

Thanks for taking th time to share!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday with a day trip to Philly. Our hotel experience was great and the staff were so helpful. Even though we missed wine happy hour, we were given complimentary drink coupons for the bar. We were also able to store our luggage there after checkout for a few hours.

Our room had a wonderful view of the Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, and I loved the decor. Front door staff made me feel like the hotel itself was pretty secure at night. Because both of us had already seen the historic parts of the town, it was a bit far from where the more popular restaurants seemed to be, so I may stay in the other Kimpton next time around.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Happy to see you and your husband had a great time celebrating at the Monaco! We definitely have a great location and great staff! I hope you'll come back to Philly soon, and I know you will be well taken care of at either of our properties!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Across the street from Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, etc, countless restaurants and shops within walking distance, and superior customer service make Hotel Monaco a great place to base your Philly trip. Staff were overly helpful and welcoming. The decor was fun and young, while still appropriate for the old building that houses it. There are several parking garages within a couple blocks. Wine hour daily from 5-6pm in the lobby. Clean, well-appointed rooms. Highly recommend Hotel Monaco!

Room Tip: If the room doesn't say it has a view, then it doesn't have ANY view. The U-shaped hotel has rooms looking out to the other side of the U, so you can't see ANYTHING else. No biggie for us because we weren't in the room very much, but something to consider.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

I can't thank you enough for sharing your stay with us! Hopefully this means you'll be back!!

Cheers,

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently organized a Risk Management conferencefor 25 individuals at the Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia. Everything was perfect, the dinner at the rooftop facility was outstanding, it was very easy to organize with the professional at the hotel and all of the staff were focused on providing excellent customer service. I would definately consider the facility again if the group returns to Philadelphia. The hotel is also centrally located to the historic district in Philadelphia, I believe I could see the Liberty Bell location from my room.

Mark C

Room Tip: Very comfortable bed, slept like a baby.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hi Mark,

I know how time consuming planning an event can be with so many moving parts, I'm so happy to hear that yours was an amazing success. Not that I would think otherwise with the team we've got. I hope we get the chance to work with you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you want to be in the heart of the historic district, this hotel is the place for you! An added bonus is this hotel is decorated so differently; it is subtle but based on "Alice in Wonderland." I stayed there for four nights but never dined or ordered room service because the locale had so many nearby restaurants thus, cannot comment on the food or room service. I was disappointed the first night that the rooftop lounge was closed until late for a wedding but it encouraged me to look elsewhere; and, there are many great places to go close by. If the quality of service and décor of this hotel is equivalent to what all Kimpton Hotels are like, then I will certainly try to stay at another during my travels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Liberty Bell.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

The Monaco is truly a wonderland! Thanks for sharing your great experience with us! Welcome to the Kimpton Fan Club - you're going to love it.

Safe Travels!