“Hotel Monaco Philadelphia Lives Up to the Great Reviews!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hotel Monaco Philadelphia Lives Up to the Great Reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

So many good things to say about Hotel Monaco - first & most importantly, staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful! "T", Rosheed, Marsha (room service) were all so kind, helpful, and welcoming to us and our Golden Retriever (traveling with us!) They represent Hotel Monaco well! Next, we chose this Kimpton because of the location & we were traveling with our dog. There is abundant green space on two sides of the hotel - this was awesome! The hotel is also located directly across from the Liberty Bell & Independence Hall. Great stay - can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RGC_2011
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
I'm so happy to see that you had a great stay with us, and hopefully we exceed your expectations. Thank you for highlighting some of our amazing staff! I will make sure they are recognized.

Come back any time!

jessica.lavin@hotelmonaco.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I spent three weeks in PHL and stayed at both the Monaco and then the Palomar. The Palomar was by far the better hotel - better location, brighter rooms, cleaner, and strangely, more reasonably priced. Reviews for the Monaco are more positive, so when we moved to the Palomar were were apprehensive.
The Monaco's eclectic interior, although amusing at first, gave me a bit of a headache after a day or two. The beds were phenomenal at the Monaco, however our room overlooked the side road where trash was collected at 6am. When we asked to move to a more peaceful room I was offered one in the same spot two floors up, which made no difference. The hotel looks a bit tired housekeeping was a mess - just not what we expected at almost $400 a night.
That said, the Red Owl Tavern, attached to the hotel was really great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pia A
Thank you so much for providing us with some very important information regarding your stay with us.

Cheers,

Mt. Holly, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

First class hotel with the most courteous employees I have ever met. We were greeted by a warm and friendly welcome by Valet. T pleasantly told us to enjoy our stay and if we needed anything to let him know. With that the front desk cheerfully checked us in 2 hours early. Rasheed was our bellhop and when we walked into our room, he said "No, this room is not ready"! It was fine for us as we were going to the Red Owl for lunch. Rasheed insisted that we get our rooms changed. Our view was gorgeous. Matt O'Neal sent us up a bottle of my favorite wine for the inconvenience. It was really no big deal. They aim to please ~ my son forgot his razor ~ front desk sent one up to him along with shaving cream - no extra charge. If you are staying in Philadelphia, I highly recommend the Hotel Monaco ~ Truly a 5 Star Hotel

Room Tip: My only complaint was the shower in the bathroom did not have glass doors or a wall to hold the wate...
Green Features: Toiletries had recycled packaging. They have a towel re-use policy. The temperatures are set for energy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Although I cringed at the thought of you being checked into a room that was not ready, I'm delighted to see that our team was able to take a sticky situation and turn it into a magical weekend for you. Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I hope you will be able to stay with us. I will make sure to hand out high fives to the great employees you connected with.

Best Wishes,
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, was a dream come true. My wife and I decided to go to Philadelphia to celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary. After much checking we choose Hotel Monaco, and what a great experience it was. The service was A1, we got a friendly greeting when we got there and were guided to Kristin Hoffman for check-in who was very pleasant and helpful.
We checked in and then went out to eat, when we came back there was FREE cake and wine in our room to celebrate our anniversary.
Thank you Kristin and Hotel Monaco.

The Fisher's

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hi Fishers!

Thank you for all the love you have shown us and letting us be a part of your special weekend. Kristin is wonderful and I'm glad you got to meet her.

Come back soon!

Bombay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My first stay at a Kimpton hotel. Certainly wont be my last. Super location, downtown Philly, close to 5th and Market station.
Friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel.
Enjoyed the morning coffee/tea/hot chocolate (with marshmellows) and evening wine hour in the Lobby.
The room and bathroom were just right.
Little things, like the Yoga mat in the room and umbrella, added a nice touch.
I would have given a 5-star Rating but for the Red Owl Tavern (the attached restaurant). Would have liked to see more food options there, and perhaps a Buffet breakfast.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for you wonderful comments and your great feedback. I'm so glad that you loved the hotel and all we have to offer. I hope you stay true to your promise, and come back to Kimpton!

Best Wishes,
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've ever written a review ...... The hotel itself was very interestingly (loudly) decorated not my taste but was actually kind of fun for something different and the location could not be beat so we decided to stay. We got in late but were upgraded to a 9th floor room with a view of Independence Hall. The staff was excellent, the bed comfortable our first night stay was great. However, on Saturday night their rooftop lounge on the 11th floor has loud music with thumping base until two a.m.! Horrible because we had to leave for the airport by 6:30 am! I called the front desk and the lady told me she would have them turn it down. They didn't. When we were leaving we told the front desk again and they were very apologetic but did not offer to discount our bill or anything else in recompense. If staying in Philadelphia I would only consider a stay here again if it was NOT on a Saturday night!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I’m very sorry that your second night was not as relaxing and enjoyable as your first. Please feel free to reach out to so we can connect more on your experience.

Best,

jessica.lavin@hotelmanager.com
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

For what is supposed to be a top rate hotel, they have a Mickey Mouse reservation system. I called to book a room for a wedding in May. (The wedding party had a block of rooms) The hotel failed to follow up with the email confirmation. A week later I called to reconfirm. A t first the agent could not find the reservation. Then after a 25 minute hold, they found the reservation but would not give me the confirmation number. Did I mention they disconnected the call twice. Come on folks get it together.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Boston2Bronx
Please know that these issues are not normal for our hotel or for Kimpton. Please feel free to reach out with any concerns or additional information.

Best,