“Good as usual”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Roma, Italia
“Good as usual”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good as usual in each Kimpton Hotel I visited. I stayed two nights with my family (wife and two sons, one of them 15 months old) on july 2013. Perfect location, nice hotel, wonderful design, exceptional restaurant (Red Owl Tavern)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Best Wishes

jessica.lavin@hotelmonaco.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Turkish first
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our room-the Double Queen Deluxe. The decor was trendy and comfortable. I think the room could have been a little cleaner. During our stay we found a shot glass used by the last guest.
The location of the hotel could not have been better! The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall were right next door and the Mint was a short walk.
The valet staff was very friendly and helpful. Be aware that parking runs about $50 per day.
We had a delicious breakfast at the Red Owl Restaurant in the hotel.
While I would recommend the Monaco, I will be trying another hotel next trip to Philly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. I hope you had a great time in Philadelphia. Don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We reserved this hotel based on the reviews here on tripadvisor and we were not let down. The hotel was in the most ideal location in Philadlphia, across the street from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The rooms were clean and the hotel in general was very modern. The staff was also very friendly and inviting when approached with questions. Do not hesitate to stay here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I believe that everyone remembers their first Kimpton Hotel and the fact that yours was the Monaco Philadelphia is even more special. I'm glad you found us and even more excited that you about the review that you shared. I hope you'll keep looking for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.

Best,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We visited Philadelphia for only two days/one night and wanted to see the essential landmarks by just walking. This hotel is perfectly located right in the middle of everything you'd want to see on a short or first visit.

The hotel itself is beautiful, different than most hotels out there (in decoration), and just fun to be in. We couldn't believe the wine happy hour was actually full of guests (and their adorable dogs). The restaurant on site is very good and convenient to have there. The room was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. And we loved our perfect view of Independence Park.

We loved our stay and would definitely stay there and any other Kimpton in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Even thought it was a short stay, it sounds like it was a memorable and more than you expected. I hope you'll check out some of our other Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants. And make sure to come back and see us.

Happy New Year!

Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here because our son's wedding was here and thought it would be convenient. The bride's parents were able to get a special rate for rooms and parking due to the fact that the wedding was taking place at the hotel. Our rooms were large, very comfortable and very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable as well.They have a free wine hour each night from 5-6 which we enjoyed too. The Red Owl Tavern is attached to the hotel and we had a lovely brunch there on Sunday morning after the wedding. The wedding itself was very good. Cocktail hour and reception itself were very enjoyable. The food and service could not have been better. We would recommend it to anyone wanting to get married or have a big party in Phila.
We would stay here again and tell our friends and family to do the same.

Room Tip: Park view is lovely.Do not book a room on the 10th floor under the outside bar. Way to noisy late in...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad that we were able to be such a memorable part of such a special weekend. It truly sounds that it was an amazing weekend for everyone, Thank you for the wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Happy New Year!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The location is great for a visit to Philadelphia, within a couple blocks of many historical sites. The room I was given was very small, not much space between the bed and the walls all the way around. Ordered room service for a late snack and breakfast, both were delivered promptly and were good. The inner circle amenity was better than usual which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sunshinedaydream1
I love hearing that you had a wonderful experience with room service and of course you IC benefits. Next time you are in town we will do better on the room size. Please reach out to me the next time you book and I will make sure!

Thank you for staying with us!

DC
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was in Philly for a conference, and I chose the Hotel Monaco because of its stellar reviews here. I was not disappointed! At first, I was a little concerned that the hotel was too far from my meetings, but that didn't seem to be a problem at all. Philly is a very walkable city, but there is also a SEPTA stop just behind the hotel that was easy to use. Cabs were also easy.

As for the hotel ... it is in a lovely setting near Independence Park. The building is very traditional and historic, but the inside of the hotel is more modern with a bit of whimsy. My room was beautiful and well kept during my stay. Kimpton knows what they are doing -- free Wifi in rooms if you sign up for their loyalty program, coffee and tea in the AM in the "living room" and wine at happy hour.

The staff was pleasant and helpful but not obtrusive. I felt very much at home and very relaxed here. This is an ideal location for those doing sightseeing in Philly, but I would also recommend it for those on business in Center City. A few blocks away from the heart of Center City and that helps make it so relaxing.

Very nice fixtures in the bathroom and Bigelow amenities. I hope to be back in the future!

Room Tip: My room faced another building, but I believe that rooms that face Chestnut would have a lovely view...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay. We can try to tell people that we have the best location, but nothing beats first hand guest experience. I'm really glad that you found us and that everything worked out perfect for your trip. Hopefully the next time you're staying with us it will be more leisure that business.

Thanks again,