“Fantastic Hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Spent a night at this hotel and absolutely loved it. The location and service are fantastic. Everyone was beyond helpful. The complimentary wine hour was a great touch. The rooms are a good size and are comfortable. Really there is nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Michael G -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your winter staycation. Wine hour is always a lot of fun. Especially on the third Thursday of the month when there are always surprises in store and the occasional awesome "holiday" like National Irish Coffee Day. Yes - it exists and yes we celebrated.

Safe travels,

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (2,775)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is great and the rooftop bar is cool but the location is also a key element. smack in a great area to walk around. Across the street is the historical district, due south is society hill and olde city is to the west. It's a very different fel than center city.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Val W -

If Philly weren't such an amazing walking city you definitely would not have much reason to stray too far from the Monaco. It's 10 minutes to the best the town has to offer. Thanks for exploring and enjoying your stay with us.

Best,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

recently stayed overnight for a small business meeting. The staff was quite gracious and accommodating. At the last minute, the Red Owl Tavern whipped up a vegetarian meal for me for lunch. The room was quite comfortable (I stayed in one of the corner suites). Really enjoyed the atmosphere in the Stratus and Mist rooms on the roof. Wonderful, light and informal space for a small intimate get together or meeting. the other meeting rooms in the basement were ok-nothing memorable but certainly adequate. We were served buffet style for meals-food was above average but not extraordinary. I would definitely return there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear PhillyDoc -

Thank you for prescribing a stay at the Monaco for those traveling to Philadelphia. Stratus offers great atmosphere for daytime meetings (and nighttime lounging) but I'm sure with the views from your room, your colleagues would have been just as happy to hold the meetings in your suite.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for one night over memorial day weekend last year and had a pretty good time. I think Kimptons are fairly overrated, but it was a nice place. The "raid the minibar" coupon and free internet for being a member were great. The room itself was pretty nice, but very small. The fitness center was really great. All employees we dealt with were very friendly. The free wine hour is a nice touch. We liked the location, in old town but close enough to Rittenhouse and Reading Market. It's worth comparing rates, but we would not pay any more for it over many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear IAD_ORD -

Ouch! Et tu Brute! While I'm taking it completely personally that you think Kimpton is overrated, I will concede I'm entirely biased. But on the other hand - I'm happy you had a "pretty good time" and good enough to offer some great feedback 8 months later!

Looking forward to earning a properly rated label from you in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here during a weekend trip to Philadelphia. The weather had been very chilly and it was wonderful being welcomed to the hotel with a roaring fire in the fireplace of the hotel lobby. The staff were friendly and efficient. We loved the decor in the lobby and in our hotel room (a standard king bedroom on the 9th floor). The attention to detail was great. The bed was very cozy. I usually remove throw pillows from the bed right away, and as I did this I did find some stray blond hairs on one of the throw pillows. The bathroom was very clean; the glass partition separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom could stand to be a few inches longer as water tended to splash out from the shower while in use. Also, we would have appreciated one more towel bar in the bathroom (one bar is not enough for 2 people). Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay here, loved all the colorful details and the location in the city was central to our points of interest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear thatgirl77 -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your trip to Philadelphia. You certainly picked a beautiful time to enjoy all the city has to offer when you flew in from LA. Next time the attention to detail will be perfect and not just great (sorry we missed on a couple of things).

Take care and stay warm,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Alice in the Wonderland theme is relaxing. Good gym w 24 hrs access. Could have been better if there is kettle for boiling water. Jet lag traveller would appreciate a cup of hot drinks while they are working away on laptop.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear EliciaSL Y -

The good news is that we do have hot water kettles available in the rooms - just ask! Tea, wine, and wonderland - does sound ideal for relaxing. Thanks for choosing the Monaco.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Kimpton has really figured out how to do things beautifully across the board and is my favorite hotel group.

After receiving a birthday month promotion offer, I booked a one night stay for a quick getaway to Philly.

Upon a very early arrival, the room was not ready, but I got a call from the hotel as soon as it was. The room on the 6th floor was beautiful. Very spacious with that amazing spa tub! I have never actually floated in a tub before.

The staff at check in was charming and lovely as always, wishing me a happy birthday at every turn. They even sent up some fruit and a slice of birthday cake.

Even though there was a little bit of a line to check out, the staff took the time to ask how my stay had been, what I did during my stay, where I ate, etc. When I mentioned that I was going for cheesesteak, I was offered great advice on where to go and what to avoid.

As always, Monaco simply cannot be beat for making their guests feel welcome and comfortable in a beautiful environment. Perfection.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the spa tub!!!