Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Morris House Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Restaurant
Penn's View Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
2,914 results
All reviewsthe red owl tavernrooftop barindependence hallliberty bellalice in wonderlandwine hourstratus loungeold cityacross the streetpark viewsoaking tubyoga matcomplimentary winewedding weekendbeautiful hotelmini barhistoric district
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

While most of the staff at the front desk are very nice, I was treated so rudely by a young man with slicked back hair brandishing a key and doling out change of a $20 like he was giving out gold nuggets. After I waited on line at the front desk he took a call after i had advanced then made me wait again while he went to the back to do his magic, all while never once making eye contact or even acknowledging my presence (he handed the change to another young very nice black man who was kind enough to apologize).
This has become one of those hotels that makes it clear when you step in the front door that they really don't need your business
Good thing because I am taking mine elsewhere

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank FUNANDGAMESTRAVEL
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Funandgamestravel,

I cannot appropriately convey my disappointment in the interaction you had with one of the gentlemen at our desk. Our staff is committed to one thing: ensuring each and every one of our guests has the perfect stay. I assure you that the rudeness you experienced at the desk in that moment is so far outside of the norm for our staff that it has left us speechless and deeply embarrassed. A person who treated guests like that would work here for about 5 minutes. It is not who we are.

You are valued and loved by the Philly Monaco. If you need more convincing - I am happy to do so. Please contact me at mark.hayes@hotelmonaco.com

In service.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Spent a night at this hotel and absolutely loved it. The location and service are fantastic. Everyone was beyond helpful. The complimentary wine hour was a great touch. The rooms are a good size and are comfortable. Really there is nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Michael G -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your winter staycation. Wine hour is always a lot of fun. Especially on the third Thursday of the month when there are always surprises in store and the occasional awesome "holiday" like National Irish Coffee Day. Yes - it exists and yes we celebrated.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is great and the rooftop bar is cool but the location is also a key element. smack in a great area to walk around. Across the street is the historical district, due south is society hill and olde city is to the west. It's a very different fel than center city.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Val W -

If Philly weren't such an amazing walking city you definitely would not have much reason to stray too far from the Monaco. It's 10 minutes to the best the town has to offer. Thanks for exploring and enjoying your stay with us.

Best,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

recently stayed overnight for a small business meeting. The staff was quite gracious and accommodating. At the last minute, the Red Owl Tavern whipped up a vegetarian meal for me for lunch. The room was quite comfortable (I stayed in one of the corner suites). Really enjoyed the atmosphere in the Stratus and Mist rooms on the roof. Wonderful, light and informal space for a small intimate get together or meeting. the other meeting rooms in the basement were ok-nothing memorable but certainly adequate. We were served buffet style for meals-food was above average but not extraordinary. I would definitely return there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear PhillyDoc -

Thank you for prescribing a stay at the Monaco for those traveling to Philadelphia. Stratus offers great atmosphere for daytime meetings (and nighttime lounging) but I'm sure with the views from your room, your colleagues would have been just as happy to hold the meetings in your suite.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for one night over memorial day weekend last year and had a pretty good time. I think Kimptons are fairly overrated, but it was a nice place. The "raid the minibar" coupon and free internet for being a member were great. The room itself was pretty nice, but very small. The fitness center was really great. All employees we dealt with were very friendly. The free wine hour is a nice touch. We liked the location, in old town but close enough to Rittenhouse and Reading Market. It's worth comparing rates, but we would not pay any more for it over many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear IAD_ORD -

Ouch! Et tu Brute! While I'm taking it completely personally that you think Kimpton is overrated, I will concede I'm entirely biased. But on the other hand - I'm happy you had a "pretty good time" and good enough to offer some great feedback 8 months later!

Looking forward to earning a properly rated label from you in the future.