“Wonderful hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Hotel Monaco was lovely, in a great location with a good restaurant next door.The staff was very helpful and accomodating.Highly recommend it for business or pleasure. It's proximity to Independence Hall in the Old City makes it wonderful for tourists.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

VAEthan -

Thank you for staying with the Monaco on your recent business trip to the City of Brotherly Love. I'm sure history would be a lot cooler for all of us if we knew that it was so accessible to nightly wine and comfortable beds.

Cheers -

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We were expecting a fancy, well decorated hotel. That we found but cozy, family friend it is definitly not. No refills at the minibar nor for amenities. Concierge does not know the town. You waIt for more than 30 minutes for your car if you park it with them. After two days not refilling the minibar they charge you four dollars to bring a three dollar bottle of water, it is a sjame, not for the money but for the respect they should have to a guest and lost it. They are away behind from what we read about them.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rogerio T
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Rogerio T -

I am thoroughly disappointed that we have missed the mark on your stay thus far. I assure you that we are entirely committed to delivering an exceptional experience to all of our guests. There is no excuse for your needs to have fallen through the cracks and we are working diligently to correct the errors of our ways. I look forward to following up with you directly, and if you should need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask, as we are here to serve your needs.

In service,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am a huge fan of the Kimpton hotels, having stayed in them 8 times (most recently Monaco in Philly). They must have a great eye for talent and treat them very well, because their staff is second to none. Helpful, but never obtrusive. I've got severe asthma and allergies. No problem. I sometimes travel with my 6-year-old daughter. No problem, they had just the right tough. My wife was just saying that the difference between staying in a cheap hotel and spending a bit more to stay at a Kimpton is very very well worth it. The difference between lodging (often fraught with difficulty) and an extremely pleasant experience. This hotel is not cheap, but it isn't expensive either. I would go out of my way to stay here. Great value.

g13gg -

Keep that pace up and you'll earn elite loyalty status before you know it (15 visits or 45 nights in a year). The benefits list is pretty long, but let's say it starts with our CEO's phone number and works it's way down to your choice of papers. We agree that you can sleep anywhere - believe me I've seen my father sleep standing up - but it is the service touches that separate the lodging to the luxuriating.

Safe travels -

Reviewed 27 April 2014

As a weekend tourist it was perfect.

Rooms: Not boring! Although I am sure they won't be to everyone's taste. Personally I am tired of bland so the decor worked for me. Big rooms. Well appointed. Bathroom is good - not palatial - totally fine. We had a park facing room with a nice view.

Location: Great for a tourism-based weekend. Central. There are some truly excellent restaurants in Philly. The hotel roof-bar was worth a visit but probably a little over-hyped. The location was ideal to get out and do a some running along the Delaware river and around the city

Staff: Accommodating and just very pleasant.

I have stayed at both the Kimpton Palomar and Monaco in Philadelphia. I probably prefer the Monaco for it's location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Michael S -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco while touring Philly! The location is terrific - just about two miles from the Art Museum and the Schuykill River Trail and only a few blocks from Penn's Landing and the Delaware River (not to mention all the bars and restaurants in between). Hope to see you again soon.

Best

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I recently visited the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia on a business trip. The hotel met all my expectations. The staff was pleasant and accommodating, the location was superb and the rooms were cute, funky, and comfortable. Nice touches such as wine hour in the lobby. I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

KimWW2013 -

Thank you for choosing to work for your company, who gave you the opportunity to stay with us! Great to hear that you'll be back.

Best -

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First, praise to the staff. Every interaction with the staff was stellar. Professional, friendly and extremely helpful and accommodated our every needs during our weekend stay. Management, they make you look good, be proud of your amazing staff on the high quality of customer service. You may need to buy them breakfast or better yet a bonus, just saying.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and decorated funky and reflect the history of Philly in a modern way. And it’s a perfect location to walk around the sites of Philly. I hope to return someday!

Room Tip: We were on 6th floor but all seem to be good. Side on the entrance may be a bit noisy in evening hou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

haojanette -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco. I am in awe of these guys every day but always ecstatic when our guests are able to share that experience as well. We always find ways to celebrate what they do - thanks for the suggestions though!

Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was a very clean, nice looking boutique hotel. The location was right next to a bunch of museums so it is a great location if you are planning on checking out the sites. The hotel decor was an Alice in Wonderland theme so it has a very chic feel to it. One thing to note is that valet parking is $40 per day. I would say this is above average cost for overnight city parking, but you are in a premium area.

The room was very clean and large. Two things I did not like about the room: the one window in the room was tiny and the television had some volume issues. The window was very tiny and looked out into an alleyway. So the room was very dark and did not get much natural light. The television had an issue when you would change channels the volume would spike up really loud and then go back at the normal volume. This made watching television pretty much impossible without muting the television to change channels and then un-muting the television after you found a channel. Really annoying.

Other than that, I would stay at this hotel again if I was doing touristy things.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel face an alleyway. So there is no view, the windows are very tiny so...
1  Thank Anon Y

Anon Y -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your trip to Philadelphia and thanks for the great feedback. With valet you get unlimited in and out privilges, 24-hour access, and the convenience of not having to circle for a spot. We've done our homework there and made sure it is right in line with all other valet options throughout the city. The TV issue sounds annoying to me too. Our crack engineering team can definitely fix those issues, so there's no need to suffer in silence.

Best -