Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$228
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$238
US$230
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$349
Doubletree.com
US$232
Orbitz.com
2,880 results
All reviewsthe red owl tavernrooftop barindependence hallliberty bellalice in wonderlandwine hourstratus loungeold cityacross the streetpark viewsoaking tubyoga matcomplimentary winewedding weekendbeautiful hotelmini barhistoric district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference. The location was good - next to historical sites. Did not have a lot of time to explore. This was a very nice place. I usually stay at middle of the road hotels so enjoyed the higher quality. Wifi was not free. The workout facility was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gene3451
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Gene3451 -

Thank you for staying with us, albeit briefly. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to comeback soon and explore more of the hotel, i.e. TKO with T our doorman on Wednesdays.

Best -

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel Monaco is nothing short of a fabulous hotel with excellent service, and a fantastic staff... All within the oldest square mile in the U.S. We live locally, and this is the only hotel we prefer when spending a weekend in the city. Enjoy!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea N

Andrea N -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your staycation. Happy to hear we can expect to see more of you in the future.

Cheers -

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I would have been able to stay longer! The staff at the hotel was fantastic. I stay at hotels ~160 nights a year and this is by far the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have interacted with.

The hotel is pretty new and the rooms are in excellent shape. I especially like that the rooms aren't the standard dull hotel room - they actually make you feel comfortable! The location is good, right in the middle of old city. My room had a view of independence hall which was pretty cool. The bell at independence hall does ring on the hour and although the hotel is pretty well insulated, it still is audible. It didn't bother me or interrupt my sleep at all though. But back to the service, it was incredible! The person I checked in with, Matt, volunteered to recommend some nearby restaurants and make me feel welcome. A couple hours after I checked in he even called my room just to check and make sure everything was ok. The service in the restaurant was great too. I sat at the bar and had some food and drinks and everyone there was friendly and provided great service too.

This is my new favorite hotel in Philadelphia and I plan to stay hear whenever I am in town again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike H

Mike H -

160 nights per year! We're definitely in awe of your road warriordom...and thrilled you were able to spend one of your nights with us. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to return for a longer stay so we can help you relax a little more.

Safe travels -

Reviewed 7 May 2014

First impressions of this hotel walking in is pure class. The doorman was always willing to open doors for all guests, with a smile and provide a positive comment.
The living room(lobby) where the front desk is located is decorated so beautifully with different colors and textures that just makes you smile.
The lobby served fruit infused water daily, free wine at happy hour and free coffee/tea in the morning. The seating was plenty and unique.
Check in was flawless and quick, our bags were brought up immediately to our room.
The room was amazing and large, bed was comfy, feather pillows, white linens.
Drinks in the bar are a bit pricey compared to our neighborhood in Upstate NY but I guess for a big city its right on.
The location of the hotel is perfect for walking tours of the city especially for checking out the history of this beautiful city.
I would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view -- our view was of the hotel next door (very close) and only saw a brick wall with windows - not private if you have the curtains open.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LathamJeanne

LathamJeanne -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco! You'll have to come back to try out our summer surprises of Sangria, Lemonade, and Iced Coffee in the morning. And good news about the bar, if you are a loyalty member, we give you a credit for $10 off your cocktails, should bring those prices a little closer to home.

Cheers -

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference. Well located right off the Independence Hall area, this charming hotel has all the right stuff. For example - it has been very well decorated - clever and beautiful furniture and whimsical touches in the lobby and rooms. The staff went OUT OF THEIR way to ensure a wonderful stay. The Restaurant - fresh, delicious food and a great vibe. The price was right also. I would highly recommend this wonderful Hotel Monaco, Philadelphia.

Room Tip: My room was on the south side but quiet and serene.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RhinbeckLover

RhinbeckLover -

Our interior designer, Todd Avery, has a remarkable sense for all the little touches that make the unusual patterns and colors. As the Dude once said, "That rug really ties the room together." Thrilled we took such great care of you and look forward to doing it again some day.

Best -