“I keep coming back!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Almost weekly business trips to Philly have allowed me to stay at a number of different places. I've stayed at all the top places in Center City...but the Hotel Monaco is the place I call "home". I can't say enough good things; top of the line staff (especially doormen, front desk, housekeeping), very comfortable and kitschy rooms (and I've been in a great number of them), thoughtful touches and amenities, and a genuine care/concern/warmth in all my interactions across the board. Great location for transportation, a short walk to the best restaurants/bars in Center City. Awesome (complimentary) wine hour has allowed me to meet and converse with many other interesting guests and visitors. Flawless in all respects; the hotel part of my business trips is always the most fun. Will always look forward to my Hotel Monaco stay!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

MarkDonaldson -

You're awesome! We look forward to you coming back probably even more than you look forward to coming back. In the Kimpton family, you're definitely an immediate member. We can't wait until your next visit.

Always in service -

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (2,775)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

A good hotel. good service. We had a very nice stay in the city last September (2013). My husband and I were in N.Y. and took the bus to Philadelphia - megabus. Best to buy the tickets on their website. It was a 20 to 30 minutes walk from the metro station, and you wait in the middle of nowhere for the bus. could be the station's location was changed due to traffic or transport change or construction.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Inbal2 -

Thank you for visiting the Hotel last September. Definitely must have made an impression. There are a million ways to get into the city, megabus is definitely an affordable one. If you need assistance with transportation once in the city, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Safe travels -

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is right across from the Liberty Bell and historic buildings in downtown Philadelphia. Everything is nearby.
They did an incredible job of restoring the building, the hotel is beautiful.
From the elevators to the lobby the decor and features are gorgeous.
Hotel staff are pleasant and informed. Bikes are free to use and they serve wine in the lobby from 5-6. How can you go wrong?
I was upgrated to a larger room with a view of the plaza.
Great bar!
Would love to stay again

Stephanie F -

"How can you go wrong?" That is probably rhetorical...but I'll answer anyhow: You can't! Thanks for choosing the Monaco. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed in a Kimpton hotel previously. Our experience was enjoyed this go around as they have been in the past. We love their rooms, beds and friendly staff.
Came to Philly for the night. Did not realize it was Flag Day; even more fun, but streets were closed and extremely busy. We arrived early (1pm). Our room was ready and perfect.
Enjoyed the happy hour. Great night on the town. You get what you pay for; these rooms are wonderful. Worth the stay & trip. Views of Signers Square & Independence Hall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dave M -

This town loves a good patriotic party. Not sure who else celebrates Flag Day out there, but it's definitely a Thing here. Probably helped by Betsy Ross having a house just around the corner from the hotel. Glad you were able to navigate the streets and make it here for a great weekend. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I could not have been happier with this hotel during our annual trip to Philadelphia. From check-in to check-out the staff made our stay comfortable and relaxing. Even though there were wedding events going on things went smoothly (although one of the wedding parties essentially overwhelmed the Red Owl Tavern Saturday night). We can not thank everyone enough for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Might wish to stay away from top floors due to the Stratus roof top lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

William T -

There is nothing more important to anyone's stay than their comfort. I am thrilled that we were able to deliver that to you in spite of the tumult that occasionally accompanies wedding revelers. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Upon my first contact with staff I was impressed. I was greeted in a friendly and professional way. The decor is absolutely what I love about this hotel. It is what the pictures show. This is my second Kimpton hotel and I will always try and stay there in the future.

The room was a great size and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was huge. Everything was clean and well taken care of. The TV was kind of annoying but manageable, it was the system that sometimes wasn't as smooth as I am used to.

My only issue, which I know they will resolve as soon as I actually call, is that my "raid the mini-bar" coupon wasn't posted to my account and I was charged for it.

The location is amazing, a block from the Liberty bell.

I highly recommend this hotel. It is about as close as you can get to perfection.

Relaxed121 -

Thanks for returning to show Kimpton some love. You have a great option for a staycation in Baltimore, but of course, we are happy to have you here. Sorry the TV and the raid the minibar were kind of clunky. We can definitely do better and getting closer to perfection sounds like a dare to us.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Monaco is next to Independence Hall and historic Philadelphia. Sometimes convenience isn't just everything, it's the only thing. The hotel is nice, and everything is in first rate condition. The room was plenty big enough for one, a little small for two. Bathroom was great! Staff and service were excellent, clearly everyone wanted to please. That all being said, this was the most garish hotel I've ever stayed in. Fire engine red armoire for the TV. Chrome yellow doors and woodwork. A different pattern wallpaper on each wall. And that was just in my room. The lobby was a riot of pattern, texture and color...kind of Art Deco meets 19th Century Bordello. Oy! I spent all of my time in the Lobby redecorating in my mind. Red Owl Restaurant had excellent food and service. I had the best hamburger I've ever had there.

1  Thank Daiseymae66

Daiseymae66 -

There is certainly an eclectic sense of style here. Part of the Monaco's "story" is that it is supposed to feature items gathered from our travels around the world. And as you noted, that may be the case. Certainly it causes imaginations to run wild. Which we don't mind one bit. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon!

Happy travels -