3,062 results
All reviewsthe red owl tavernrooftop barindependence hallalice in wonderlandliberty bellwine hourstratus loungeold citypark viewacross the streetsoaking tubyoga matcomplimentary winebeautiful hotelwedding weekendmini barhistoric district
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double Queen room overlooking Independence Park. The reception area was inviting and attractive. There are interesting calligraphy brushes hanging behind the reception - one for every signature on the Declaration. There was a free wine bar each night but we didn't take advantage of this. They also had free coffee in the mornings. The rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. Having a view of the park was also nice and we could hear the clock ringing every hour. The tavern in the hotel had some take away items for breakfast which was handy. We really liked the feel of this hotel and I would recommend it for a modern, kitschy and fashionable stay. We were within walking distance of many sights and the old city. Shopping areas were close by too. We paid about $250 a night but used Expedia points to reduce the cost. Staff were very friendly as well and we had free wifi with the VIP Expedia package. Overall a fun stay in Philly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kayla H, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Mandy! I'm so glad that you were able to check us out! We love our Expedia VIPs so I'm glad that it brought you to our front doors. It sounds like you have to make some time to come back because wine hour is one of the most entertaining parts of the day. It's delightful to hear that you were able to enjoy several amenities in the hotel and gather some information about the Japanese collection of brushes behind the desk. Come back and have some more fun with us soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our stay could not have been better. Hotel is beautiful, location could not have been better. Staff is attentive and NICE!. What a concept :)
We highly recommend this hotel for a nice romantic getaway, without the kids!
Walking distance to all the sights of the historic district, as well as bars and restaurants. We never used our car the entire weekend.
We had a perfect weekend at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lafarquhar21

Lafarquhar21! Perfect is what we like to hear! I know a night away from the kids can be too few and far sometimes so I'm glad that it was smooth and a good time. Thanks so much for taking the time to spend your time away with us. Next time bring the crew so we can spoil them with some Shirley temple during wine hour! Until next time.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I surprised my husband with a room for his birthday/ first night away from our baby. We had such a beautiful stay! Gregory at the front desk went above and beyond to make it an excellent experience. We arrived in our room to find cupcakes, prosecco, and a sweet note from him wishing my husband a "happy birthday/ get away from the kids day".
The tub in the King Spa room is AMAZING, and the room service delicious. It was a beautiful thing to get to sleep through the night after 3 months with a newborn.
Subtracting 1 star for the bar on the 10th floor. We stayed on the 9th floor and could here the super loud music/bass until 2am. Not a super great thing to have when people are sleeping below.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Nicole! Thank you so much for bringing the hubby in for his special day. I'm glad to hear that Greg was able to leave a lasting impression and help make your stay extra special. Very sorry to hear that you had to deal with the bass of Stratus. I hope it does not deter you from staying in the again because we an definitely put you on a lower floor and still provide the awesome tub. You have to have a birthday coming up soon right?

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Kimpton Hotel Monaco is absolutely top notch. I travel 75% of the time and get to experience some of the best and some of the worst. This hotel does it right; from the special warm smiles & greatings, to the wonderful decor, they dont miss a beat. Rochid and his team are the best at customer advocacy and ensuring your experience exceeds all expectations. I would be remis if I didnt mention the great staff and food in the restuarant - Red Owl; the food is always on point.

Room Tip: The location is spectacular for vacation or business travelers. Everything is in walking distance. View of the park is amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Sonja, thanks for always staying with us. It's really cool to see the friendship you and Roshid have created and how you have built such a bond with the team. Thanks for being a part of the Kimpton family. See you next visit!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Such a beautiful hotel!!! We booked on Hotwire for the great price and then found out we were staying at this gorgeous hotel! The location is wonderful and even overlooking other buildings, I still caught a beautiful sunrise. The lobby is designed beautifully and so are the rooms. The bed was comfortable and the shower was fantastic after a long day. I most definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Philly_Hotel_GM, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Hi Emily, thank you very much for sharing your awesome feedback of your stay with us. I'm so glad you were able to get a great deal via Hotwire! Thank you for visiting our historic area of Old City, its great see that you enjoyed our eclectic décor! Come back and see us and be sure to visit Red Owl Tavern and Stratus Lounge. Cheers!!