“Philly has discovered BBQ!”
Review of Bubbas Texax BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bubbas Texax BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Philly has discovered BBQ!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was a little skeptical about my visit to this joint for BBQ and my taste buds were in agreement that this BBQ is delicious. As soon as I walked into the joint, Evan greeted me with a big smile and went over the meats with me and invited me back into the kitchen for a smoker tour. Sure enough, there were 12 smokers with brisket, ribs, chicken and pork belly. I was definitely interested in a sampler plate so Chef Mike was excited to talk about his smoker, they use hickory and oak and seems to have a passion for BBQ. I started out with 8 hot chicken wings from their smoker and you can definitely taste the smoke although the wings were not too spicy but they were meaty and made for a good appetizer and they also carry pig wings so that's for another visit. Evan brought me a huge tray with brisket (lean and moist), pulled pork, pork belly and some ribs and the meat fell off the bone which is always a good sign and Chef Mike put little sauce on each meat which is a problem around here with BBQ. Too many places slather the sauce on the meat that it covers up taste of the meat. They also gave me four sides, cole slaw,potatoe salad, beans and yes, Collard greens that he put pieces of brisket which were so delectable and flavorful. They also have about 6 flat screen TV's located throughout the restaurant! I think I have found a BBQ joint in Philly that is local so don't have to go down South when I have a craving for BBQ. Great job, Evan and Mike and keep up the great work! Lastly, the prices are reasonable and the food is fresh unlike Famous Dave's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SmilingSteve4

Owings Mills, Maryland
“Very good BBQ”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We visited Bubbas after reading the reviews from the newspaper. We were very pleased to smell the wonderful BBQ smoked flavor as soon as we opened the door. They don't have a lot of seating available and our mouths were drooling as we patiently waited for a table. The menu has a disclaimer that their BBQ is smoked and the pink ring is from the smoking and not from the meat being undercooked. Our server was very prompt with our service and offered recommendations. We had the mild buffalo wings, pulled pork, and Bubba fries. They were fabulous. The only complaint I have is the seating is very limited and the corn bread muffin that came with the meal was not to my liking. I will definitely be going back to try the other menu items.

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I am a certified BBQ Judge for KCBS so I know BBQ”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Went to Bubba's and had high expectations. Well they were met with the collard greens and the rub used on the ribs. Sadly the ribs were very tough. This can be fixed easily by keeping an eye on the temp used to cook more evenly. They emailed me and apologized for my experience and offered a comp next time I go, so for that I give them 5 stars for showing they care. But I have to rate what it was when I went and it was only 2 stars. An entire review can be seen on my website with a picture of the ribs.

• Visited January 2013