“Neighborhood Gem”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a great dinner with out of town guests this past weekend. Very clean and welcoming. The menu is huge, pictures included for several items which helps if you are not familiar with Vietnamese food.We enjoyed the spring rolls & shrimp to start which were crisp and flavorful with excellent dipping sauces. Entrees were huge, spiced nicely and very filling we chose beef fish and chicken items with a combination of vegetables and lemongrass. There is a good selection of beer and a few wines by the glass. Will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013

Westfield, New Jersey
“Nice place, good food and service!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed lunch of Shrimp Pad Thai, my brother liked his Beef Broccoli Noodles. Service was attentive. They also have bar with FlatScreen tv's.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very good food and great service”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Had dinner at this new Vietnamese restaurant with my family. The menu is somewhat intimidating with about 100 pictures of the culinary delights served at this new restaurant. The food was very good and reasonably inexpensive and the service was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
USA
“Mekong River Restaurant Review”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into this local neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant. Initially, I noticed the wafting smell of fish sauce, with its heavy aroma; its pungent smell permeated and intoxicated me!
I received a warm greeting the moment I entered the eatery. I was also presented with a hot pot of tea and a smile. The decor is average with an inviting color scheme with calming shades of caramel upon the trendy exposed brick walls. I also noticed numerous local diners from the community; exactly what you want to see in a restaurant!
My meal began with crispy spring rolls accompanied by lightly pickled, crinkle cut carrots & parsnip medley, crisp and cold in contrast with the steaming hot spring rolls. For my dipping pleasure, a spicy fish & ginger sauce with shredded parsnips and carrots had me dancing in my chair. The parsnips were my favorite, crispy and full of flavor!
My main course was Bun Thit Nuong (charbroiled beef on rice vermicelli), a soup full of flavor assembled from lemongrass and fish sauce, a creative yet simple, fragrant and tasty dish. Dessert was fried bananas wrapped in thin wonton wrappers, deep fried and served with French vanilla ice cream…yum!
The food was satisfying; however repetitive use of the same vegetables; predominately carrots, onions, green peppers and fish sauce was somewhat boring. Culinary ennui is no joking matter!

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Nice and very clean friendly staffs nice atmosphere good foods overall good . I bring my family here all the times ,easy parking good location !