“Just perfect”

Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,380 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Slow service but the food was great. From the outside you will underestimate it. Perfect ambiance. Polite servers and host. Food ofcourse is very good. Fair price.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been to Indian Restaurant a few times and never been disappointed. The food is good, the prices are fair and the environment is casual and pleasant.

The appetizers, for the most part, are very tasty, with the Bengali shrimp, the curried chick peas and the poori standing out. (Be careful: There's a fried chick pea dish that has onion and something like Fritos or corn chips in it. Stay away!)

The main courses are of a good size, enough to fill you up if you eat all or enough to eat well and still take some home for lunch the next day. (Ask for an extra portion of rice to take home with you.) Once I had a crab meat curry that was good but a bit salty. Since that time I've always quietly and politely asked for the waiter to tell the chef to please go light on the salt, and my meals have been fine.

Besides the crab meat curry, I've also tremendously enjoyed the shrimp achari, the shrimp curry and several other dishes. Skip the naan and instead ask for poori, a light and fluffy lightly fried bread.

Indian Restaurant is good for a date or for a casual night out with friends.

The bathroom is of a good size, with hot and cold running water, real soap and real paper towels. It's clean and spacious. You may be asking why I'm telling you this. Well, a word of advice: Don't judge a restaurant only by the food on your plate; pay attention to the cleanliness of the bathroom and you'll go a long way to ensuring you live a long, happy, healthy life.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Last night, my husband & I dined here with my sister & my niece. We all ordered various styles of lamb: vindaloo, rogan josh, curry and biryani. Everything was delicious. I love Indian food and often order lamb rogan josh at my favorite place. This was a little different than what I'm used to: it had chunks of onion, tomato and even green pepper in it. Suspicious at first, I was pleasantly surprised that these additions were very tasty. The waiter (he may have been the owner) was quick but unobtrusive. The atmosphere isn't fancy, but it was very pleasant. The place was super clean. And it's BYOB, which is always a plus in my book. In the end, we were all full with some leftovers for my niece to take home to her apartment. We declined dessert, but the waiter brought over a very nice rice pudding on the house, warm and topped with some brown sugar. How nice!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

W had two meals here and we were very happy with the quality and pricing if the food. Menu was ample to choose from and the place was clean . It was nearby our unit so made it easy for us to locate.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We live close and we like this place for sitting and eating or all-out. Love the flavors and the large number of choices.

1  Thank Jon T