“staff woke us up and walked right in”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Blairstown, New Jersey
“staff woke us up and walked right in”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel staff was not friendly, or accommodating. I felt like simple questions were bothersome to the employees at the front desk during check in. Also, I had a late night and to get woken up from much needed rest by the hotel staff to just walk into my room while we were partially clothed to move my window blind a half inch for an exterior picture is completely unacceptable. We were sleeping when a loud knock was heard at the door. My wife jumped out of bed and a staff member informed us that our blind needed to be measured, and just walked right into our room. I expect not to be bothered at any place I stay, and for a blind to be moved a half of an inch. Thank you for you uninvited entry into my room.

1 Thank Blairstown
PHLCC, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia. Your feedback is appreciated in order to continuing to meet and exceed our guests expectations moving forward. We did recently have a photoshoot and apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused you; we will re-review the appropriate procedures with our Housekeeping Team prior to entering your room. I have a few additional questions for you regarding your stay and would greatly appreciate it if you could send me your contact information to josh.davalos@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Set in the center of Philly, this hotel suite is almost invisible in it's location, but is within easy walking distance of everything.
The market mall is right opposite, City hall a mere few steps away, Liberty bell and Independence house are close by.
The rooms are comfy, the service friendly, and accessibility great.
I booked the same day, arrived early and was given a slightly bigger room then I asked for at no extra cost.
Free breakfast as well, which makes this a good deal.
And...it's not expensive :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My annual meeting was at the Convention Center and brought the family along. Loved the convenient location (across from Reading Market and 2 blocks from Convention Center) and hotel atmostphere. The lobby was very open with comfy public sitting for work or public gatherings. Suites were very large and comfortable. The materials and furnishings do look like they are from an IKEA catalogue, but that is not a bad thing. It's very fresh and inviting. I'm just not sure how they will last in the long term. Value was great (although I had a meeting rate) and would recommend to anyone needing to stay in that area and not wanting the circus of the Marriott or Loews.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great new product by Hilton offering that is perfect for the extended stay traveler. This is very much of an upgrade from the Extended Stay America hotels with a better layout for working and relaxing in the room.

Bedford, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was clean, spacious and efficient. This is a mid-priced hotel, but I found the staff as professional and attentive to guests' needs as any you would encounter in a luxury hotel. The decor is a little spare, but it's perfectly nice. The kitchenette were nicely designed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was an excellent hotel and stay. The location is one of its best features, located just across the street from the PA Convention Center and the Reading Market. I love the compact but fully furnished suites with kitchenettes. The comfort and amenities were also great. I like the dispensers for the bath items (shower gel and shampoo) but missed having conditioner available (the stuff I brought with me ran out!). Also, the breakfast selections were minimal but okay. I LOVE having my own toaster in my room and was very impressed by the overall organization of the rooms. It seemed like the bathroom fan in my room (905) was always on. I got used to it, but I wondered if that was intentional. (And no, I never did mention it to anyone.)

The staff is great. Everyone is cheerful and friendly - always saying good morning etc. The breakfast staff was very courteous and helpful - even when some other guests were kind of rude. I never did use the pool or exercise room, but both look really nice - clean and well maintained.

The location is within walking distance of dozens of restaurants and activities. Their state rate for my room was more reasonable than the conference rate. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ninth floor facing south gets you a great view of the parking garage - but surprisingly good sunligh...
1 Thank blueiii
Halifax
Reviewed 10 November 2013

First time staying at the Home2Suites by Hilton and the accommodations were very good. Clean, new and quiet. There is no room service/hotel restaurant if you're looking for it but with a full kitchen and order in services available it didn't matter. Highly recommend this hotel -- Philadelphia on Arch Street