“This place is "legit"”

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia
“This place is "legit"”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Availability was tight and thought I'd try the new place out using points for 1 night and paying cash for 2nd night. So glad I did! This place is all that and then some. Clean, new, spacious and you get a hot, cold, plenty breakfast the next morning. I'm a bit of a hotel snob but this places "gets it", they know the layout of the room, how the consumer wants the lighting and plugs, the gym, the coffee and juice bar open 24 hours, etc and cool colors and decorations throughout. Stayed in plenty of center city Phila hotels over the years, this place will get my repeat business for sure.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
amsandbeach,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as there is many choices here in Philadelphia. I'm excited to read your feedback regarding your stay and am glad that you now have a new favorite hotel while staying downtown.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baltimore
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The rooms are very clean with updated appliances, etc. Breakfast was great and staff were great! It is very accessible to everything and they are all walking distance. Great locations and the price is very reasonable!

Room Tip: The beds and the pillows were very uncomfortable and by the time we got home, our necks were sore...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
timeshare2012,

Thank you for staying at our new Home2 Suites in Philadelphia and for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It's great to see that you enjoyed our location and we look forward to having you stay again in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding the comfort of our beds or pillows; next visit please know that we do have feather pillows as well which tends to be a softer pillow.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I've stayed here 7 days over the last 2 weeks and all in all I'm more than satisfied. The rooms are studio suites and are spacious. Nice size tv with real HD channels, not the stretched SD on HD screens you see in a lot of hotels. Bed, couch, desk, a dresser and plenty of shelf space. The kitchen has a real refrigerator and freezer, not those mini things a lot of places have. It has a microwave but no oven or cooktop, although the will supply an electric cooktop upon request. The bathroom is fine, but be warned, if you have to have a tub you're out of luck. There are only showers in the rooms.
Huge, we'll maintained exercise room and an indoor pool. The staff was friendly and helpful, although the housekeeping was spotty. The first couple of days they neglected to refill the coffee supplies, but when I asked the front desk they were happy to send stuff right up.
This is still a relatively new hotel and they are still having some growing pains. The soap dispensers in the rooms are a good idea but a little flimsy.
All in all, I was happy and I'll be back.

1 Thank Billzebub
Billzebulb,

Thank you for continuing to stay with us at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia. I will sure to share your comments with the team. It's great to know you are able to make our hotel your "Home Away from Home" while visiting Philadelphia.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip,

Josh
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The rooms are very nice, with fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, dishes. The bed was comfortable. The service was a bit slow - we called down because we forgot toothpaste and 30 minutes later we still didn't have it. I called down again to also ask for more pillows and the toothpaste. This time we got what we needed in about 15 minutes. The front desk was nice enough but didn't really seem to know a whole lot about the immediate area. Was a little disappointed in breakfast. Wish there were more hot options. Loved that there was always coffee available, morning and night. We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Melody,

Thank you for you recent stay at our new Home2 Suites in Philadelphia and for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and fully equipped kitchen. Our goal is to service all guest requests quickly and apologize for any delays delivering your items; we have discussed with our team to prevent future delays. You will be happy to know that our Inspired Breakfast Table will soon offer a new artisan style breakfast sandwich and egg bowl! Please come see us again on your next visit to Philadelphia.
Langhorne, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Front desk stunk but the first time I stayed was great. The front desk gave really bad attitude and pushed you off. I felt when you called or when to them you were bothering them. I had to have my key rekeyed and he did not say a thing just gave it to me when I needed to stay later. I was told I could stay later and this should have been done automatically. Maid came into my room without knocking. The company should get rid of those who worked the front desk that day.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

2 Thank John B
John,

Thank you for your recent stay at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for providing feedback on your experience. I do hope you enjoyed our room accomodations and want to apologize for the service you experienced. Service is what sets our hotel apart from the rest of the local competitive hotels and I would like to learn any additional specifics that you can provide. My email is Josh.Davalos@hilton.com. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Home2 Suites in Philadelphia. Loved the layout of the lobby and thought the design of the hotel room was well thought out. Lots of cool extras - the iPad dock/speaker in the room was a nice touch. Breakfast worked out great - I liked that there were tons of add-ins for the oatmeal. The staff was friendly, engaging and helpful. The Wifi worked great. My only complaint was that the sliding bathroom door wouldn't stay shut, but I'm sure a minor adjustment would provide an easy fix. Rock on Home2 Philly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ZW,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites and for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It's great to read how you enjoyed the layout of the hotel and the ipod alarm clock and charger that make it easy to live life while away from home and the many great options the oatmeal gave at breakfast. I would like to have our Chief Engineer take a look at the sliding door to the room you stayed in. Would you be able to send me the room number or name of the reservation and I can find. My email is Josh.Davalos@hilton.com.

Please keep us in mind for future Philadelphia visits.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I greatly enjoyed staying at the Home2 Suites because it had everything I wanted for comfort and productivity. The complimentary breakfast was much more than the usual continental one, and the free Wifi was high quality and worked on both my laptop and iphone. I used the free guest login rather than my Hilton Honors ID, and it worked fine. I paid the conference discounted price which was excellent, but the quality of the place would make me willing to use Home2 again.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Ellis,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites and for taking time to provide such great feedback on your experience. Your comments on the hotel and how you were able to be comfortable and productive is what we strive to provide our guests each and every day and make it all worthwhile. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Please visit us again on your next Philadelphia visit.