“very friendly and extremely clean and great location”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Choctaw, Oklahoma
“very friendly and extremely clean and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. My 9 year old said that he always wants to stay in a home2suite. He called it his fancy hotel. The pool and laundry room were clean and very convenient to be close together. The breakfast was good and a big variety. There is not a single negative thing to say. The location was why I picked this place. It was easy walking distance to the historic district. It is across from the Reading Terminal Market which had a lot of great food options. Would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank batgirl5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The morning desk crew was beyond kind to myself and my sister very funny too
But the noon night staff made us extremely uncomfortable- like to the point we wanted to leave early
My friend came to visit and you would have swore my friend was a criminal how they stopped him and barked demands for his Id why was he visiting me then after that The guard "greg" stayed by my room til my friend left smh my comfort level really died

Other than that the rooms was lovely the gym was nice and the pool was comfy
The free breakfast and free wifi was clutch ♡♡♡

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AKaison
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Directly across from the Reading Terminal Market there are lots of great food options. A few blocks away from Chinatown this hotel is in the middle of everything we planned to do on our stay in Philly! It is also within a reasonable (10-15 minutes) walking distance of the historic district (liberty bell, independence hall, Betsy Ross house). There is a parking garage right next door and by paying through the hotel we were able to go in out as much as we needed to our entire stay here. It is pretty quite in the rooms, I heard a few sirens during the day but none at night and we were only on the third floor looking straight down onto 12th street.

Room Tip: Pull out couch was very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebecca W
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked this hotel since we knew it was brand new and never stayed at a Home2 Suites before.

While the hotel is new and nicely decorated, there were some issues:

Upon check in, it took some time for one of the 2 free available people behind the desk to even acknowledge me. During check in, the clerk answered the phone and attended to the person on the other end, rather then either putting them on hold or having one of the other available people tend to that call.

When we got to our room, for such a new hotel there were some deficiencies:
- The glass in front of the light was cracked
- The soap dish in the washroom was peeling
- I could not turn on the TV with the remote, and had to manually turn it on. When I did that, the remote still was not working until I took out the batteries...not sure what was wrong.

The bed was not well made. There was neither a mattress pad or a fitted sheet, which meant that as we moved throughout the night we ended up sleeping directly on the mattress itself....that's GROSS! I stay on average 100 nights in a hotel a year, and have never seen that! When this was brought to the attention of the desk clerk at checkout, we were told that was "normal"....WHAT???

Breakfast was not that well thought out for a busy hotel
- Everything is crammed into a small counter, which is not big enough
- The waffle maker is too close to the toaster, causing issues to use the toaster as the waffle maker takes 3 minutes and people stand there waiting.
- The milk and condiments are under the oatmeal, which means as you are trying to get the oatmeal, people are trying to get their milk and such, not a good thought.

For breakfast, it's just mediocre......
- The bananas were very green and essentially un-eatable
- There was not really any choice for fruit beyond bananas
- The microwaveable breakfasts just look gross...I would never eat one of those. Having a setup more like the Hampton inn style breakfast would be better.

Overall, I will not stay at this hotel again, nor likely another Home2 Suites.
I am a Hilton Gold member, and this hotel while on the outside looks nice, is certainly not up to Hilton standards...overall very disappointed, and will not stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...stay at Hilton Garden INN 1 street over instead!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank hawkenj
North Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel to Philadelphia for business and tried the Home2Suites on my most recent stay. I am now going to make this my go to hotel. The positives are: I can get the room really cold so it is great to sleep. It was quiet the entire time I was there (6 nights). There is a sitting area, kitchenette with a larger refrigerator. It is very modern and updated. Good selections at breakfast. Nice gym with a selection of machines. Very helpful staff. Across the street from the Reading Terminal market and convenient to the train. Lots of room to spread out This is definitely one of the nicer hotels I have encountered on my business travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pbfues
abingdon md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We had to book this quickly when our reservation was lost by another hotel. There was some unclear explanations on the site- a "king studio" does not contain a king bed; it's a double. The staff wasn't sympathetic to our misunderstanding. Other than that this hotel was great. The breakfast is more than adequate and the location is perfect.

On a side note- public transportation in Philly isn't really as convenient as other cities- even cities of similar size.

• Stayed June 2014
Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is relatively new. It is in a perfect location-right across from the Reading Terminal and not too far of a walk toIndependence Hall. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The rooms are quite nice-almost a full kitchen along with the room. With having the market right across the street, having a place to prepare some food is very nice. The breakfast can be busy at times, but has a decent selection for a continental breakfast. We would definitely stay here again. The doorman definitely made us feel at home.

Room Tip: You may wish to not be located on a lower floor on the 12th St side. The car noises can be heard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business