“Best Pakistani food in America!”
Review of Wah Gi Wah

Wah Gi Wah
Ranked #972 of 4,406 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Description: We never closed open seven days a week
Description: We never closed open seven days a week
“Best Pakistani food in America!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Chargha, haleem, nihari, kebabs, biryani and naans are all absolutely amazing. This place has the most authentic desi food I have had in the United States without being overly creamy or spicy like most desi restaurants. Definitely worth a stop if you're in Philly.

2 Thank Mohaimin A

Reston, Virginia
“Best Indian food and great service...”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Wah Gi Wah is by far the best Indian/Pakistan restaurant in Philadelphia. The food is simply delicious with hot naan/roti and so much to choose from. This is real healthy and appetizing food. Try it with family and everyone would find something they can fall in love. The prices are below market and the place is very clean and enjoyable. Guess, the waiters are very polite and courteous and that too makes a difference.
I have been there 3-4 times and love it every time. This is the kind of food I've been looking for.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank TaniB474
Herndon, Virginia
“An ultimate best Pakistani/Indian food in Philadelphia”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can be a tough critics for Pakistani/Indian food as my wife is a super cook but I feel compelled to let everyone know what I think about this little find...
Wah Gi Wah is more of a Pakini restaurant than an Indian one. Those who know, the Indian cooks tend to be great with veg and lentils but they do NOT do justice to the meat. This is where Pakistani food far out do the Indian cuisine. In case of Wah Gi Wah, you'll find they are equally good at both vegetarian and non-Veg. I would call them more of Punjabi food but they have great with mughlai food as well as other north Indian sub classes. This is the place you want to be for great punjabi/Lahori "Chargha" or tikka or Pakistani sheekh kabob or kata kat fish or simple lentil or nihari or panjabi aaloo palak or mixed vegetables or great naan or the old fashioned brown tandoori bread with the fresh smell of whole wheat... and the list goes on. I have been there about 20 times so far in the past 12 months and I yet have to find something that I did not like. That remind me to add... some north Indians like oil in the curry and I dont so you have to tell the chef at the order to not add much oil - I learned that and I am very happy with the low calorie food with brown tandori roti. If you are looking for great biryani, justgo there and try yourself. This place is a heaven for taste. Make sure you tell them how you like it (hot, mild, oil free or whatever). On top of the food, I think this place has the best hosting manners you can ever have at any Indian restaurant. Most of employees are students and not some greasy over worked guys... You'll be delighted. This place is walking distance from UPenn and there is always plenty of parking in the streets there. Average cost of food is about $10 per person but can be slightly high for special orders such as ethnic specialties such as kidneys (gurday) or whatever.

• Visited April 2013