“Selection!”

Neighbourhood: City Center East
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Selection!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Doesn't look like much from the outside but once you get in, it looks like a nice sit down restaurant. It is a nice sit down, but it acts like a college take out. They have PAGES of dishes to try. This may not be authentic Malaysian food, I've never had specific Malaysian dinner, but they have a wide variety. We had an appetizer and two dishes and I wish we ordered more. The service is prompt, the food is delicious. The prices are very cheap (for the quality of food) and there is normally a short wait if any for a table. I wish this place was closer to me.

• Visited May 2014

Israel
“Large dishes, tasety and not expensive.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Went for a walk in the Chinatown area and saw the TripAdvisor logo sticker, when we looked inside we saw it was quite full,so guessed we can't go wrong...
The small soup we took turned out to be a very large one so we shared it. (Seeweed and seefood) also took the spareribs Malaysia style.
Most recommended.

Visited May 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Beat my expectations”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had researched the Chinatown offerings prior to coming to Philadelphia. Penang stood out to me because it was Malaysian, which I had never had before.

I figured it would be a hole in the wall noodle shop. But instead it was a very large, open, clean and sophisticated restaurant located just near the Chinatown gate. I was greeted right away in a friendly manner. I was poured tea immediately. I ordered the Mee Siam, which came within a very short wait.

If I am ever in Philadelphia again, I would return to this restaurant. I would also recommend it to others.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Good food!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It was the first time I have ever eaten at a Malaysian restaurant but I love the food. I like the atmosphere. Waitress brought a pot of hot jasmine tea which was really delicious and we asked for the second pot. We ordered Singapore style fried noodle, squid with dry shrimp sauce with brown rice and vegetable spring roll. They were all very delicious. Service was also great. I suggest this restaurant who are looking for a good Malaysian restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“taste of home...”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Being Malaysian students in US this place was a godsend. The only thing stopping us from frequenting it would be the prices. However whenever we have that craving that just can't be ignored, we end up here.

They have very good Malaysian cuisine. Almost true to the original back home. Not to be missed would be the curry mee, roti canai, char kway teow, lobak & beef rendang. Come to think of it almost everything is lovely.

Atmosphere wise it can get real noisy as it is a small place and almost always packed but that doesn't really bother many. Service is good & attentive. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013