“Delicious Food, Wonderful Service”

Karma Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Karma Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food was great and the service was even better! My daughter is a connoisseur of Indian food so we figured we should try some while in Philadelphia. This was within walking distance of our hotel (even in the rain) so we decided to check it out. For the first couple of moments I was not sure how the service was going to be as both servers were helping a table that arrived after us but they seemed to realize that we needed service as well and then everything was spectacular.

Make sure you check out the art work on the walls--- the pendulum was a huge surprise!

Also, our server gave the best of recommendations which is always a positive! (I just wish I could remember his name!)

There are newer reviews for Karma Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I love Indian food. Or just food for me. This place really does serve good authentic Indian food. Moreover the service is good too.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The lunch buffet at $12.95 per person is well stocked with a variety of cold and hot dishes as well as chutneys, soups, salads, and desserts. You could not want for the assortment. Some of the food (aloo gobi, vegetable korma) was very soggy and cold others are delightfully flavorful and fresh (butter chicken, saag paneer) tasting. The service is neither bad nor extraordinary. You have to order your naan--the good part is it is fresh and hot when it comes out; the bad is if you don't ask for it, they don't remember to give it to you. It is also very dark in there so don't expect to read anything or really see the full effect of what is on your plate. All in all, it's a nice experience but won't have you saying "WOW".

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Every time I get to Philadelphia I try to go to Karma. I enjoy it each time. Folks are friendly the menu is reasonable. I strongly recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a very fine restaurant, it offers a diverse menu of options, and the three of us who dined there were all very happy with quite a diversity of dishes. The atmosphere is intimate, and the staff are both friendly and helpful. A fine dining experience.