“Great Neighbourhood Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #497 of 4,321 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dobbs Ferry, New York
“Great Neighbourhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family have eaten at Bridgids for years as we renovated some houses on Meredith Street in the late 80's and my brother lives in the neighbourhood. We had a family surprise dinner for my mom at Bridgids's and had an amazing time. The food was excellent and interesting, from plain pasta for the picky kids to succulent main dishes and excellent appetisers. As we know the owner we brought our own birthday cake and they supplied the dishes. We had a large party and they put us upstairs away from the bar, so we had a little privacy. Beer on tap is collection of microbrews from Philly and East Coast, I really enjoyed some of the hoppy beers as they are rare in Switzerland and Germany where I live.

• Visited February 2013

Newtown, PA
“Great Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were going to the Eastern State Penitentiary haunted tour and needed a nearby restaurant--what a great find! Neighborhood-type place, good size bar as you walk in with the restaurant in the back. Good selection (with samples) of draft beers and a decent selection of wines. For appetizers we tried the grilled calamari/white beans, the shrimp appetizer and the mussels with white sauce, all very good. Caesar, arugula and a spring mix salads were again very good. The nice thing about the entrees is that they offer half-size portions as well as full. The orrechiatte with sausage and broccoli rabe and Nona's lasagna, both were very good. Also had the molten lava cake:) Would definitely recommend this little place, but call for a reservation as it got quite busy!

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite Art Museum area restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Sometimes we're here multiple times a week. Decent wines by the glass, good beer choices and a solid menu with some very nice specials. The filet is very nice as are the traditional Italian dishes. Always listen to the specials! Some of the nicest waitstaff in the area as well. We're often here for special occasions. The bar area isn't anything special, but is a low key hangout. The downstairs and upstairs dining rooms are cozy, though.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dave B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Almost too good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We got in after 10pm so we were "limited" to the late night menu, which still had so many excellent sounding items that it was hard to pick! My brother/his girlfriend had (shortrib) cheeseburgers and I had the mussels and fries. Amazing flavor all around - the fry/gorgonzola/fennel/mussel combo was to die for. For dessert, we had the tiramisu and the butter fried chocolate pound cake with (housemade) berry ice cream, both of which were also fantastic. We had two drinks each (nice tap menu, too, on top of everything else) and the bill was under $100 for the three of us, and considering the quality of the food AND service I'll definitely be back. Worth every penny.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Great place for a beer after an afternoon at the Art Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was a bit apprehensive when I walked into Bridgid's, but I was thirsty after spending a few hours poring over the great art in the museum, and a friend had told me about Bridgid's, so I overcame my hesitation and walked in.

I had a couple different beers on tap - all quality. I didn't order any food since I had reservations elsewhere for later. But it was the quintessential bar experience - I walked in a stranger, and by the time I was half way through my second beer, I was deep in conversation with one of the bar's regulars, and the faces that not long ago had seemed forbidding and condescending were now friendly and welcoming.

Visited February 2013