“Intimate Old City restaurant”
Review of Chloe

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Chloe is a charming, intimate BYO restaurant tucked away in Philadelphia's Old City, a close neighbor of the Betsy Ross House, Christ Church, and the Arden Theater. Prices are reasonable for downtown Philly, selections are varied, the food is delicious, and the waitstaff friendly. The secret is out, so try to be be there by 6:00 on weekends since there are no reservations.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Was there on Sat 3/08/14. Hadn't been there for awhile. The cod was cooked very good but there was a problem with the two clams on the dish. Both clams were gritty because of sand. I told the waiter & he said he was sorry. A few minutes later I saw him pointing me out to someone from the kitchen entrance. Another patron mentioned that Chloe had changed hands, that was obvious. I miss the old Chloe. I was hoping for a more than average dinner.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Had dinner here last weekend with two friends. Although they don't take reservation and there was a 45 minute to One hour wait, they suggested we check out a bar in the area and come back, and that they would have a table for us.Did just that and had a very nice relaxed BYOB dinner.Excellent service

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I found Chloe on Yelp and was very impressed with the service and the food. Its a BYOB spot which is a rarity. squash ravioli was superb as was the appetizing fresh hummus and bread they serve as your seated. With almost every table was full the service was still personable and efficient. I can't wait to eat here again.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Four of us had dinner at Chloe and we were all thoroughly impressed. The quality of the food was outstanding. It is unusual for four of us to go anywhere and all have excellent meals, but this is one of those rare places that we all walked away from with rave reviews. It is also reasonably priced for the quality of the food. Our waiter was personable and attentive and had excellent suggestions for us on the menu offerings. Although we all loved our dinners, we all agreed that one of our favorite offerings was the baked oysters appetizer. It was heavenly! Two cautions that I would offer: they do not take reservations and it is very noisy when the restaurant is full. We went right after they opened (5:30) and pretty much had our entire dinner before the restaurant filled up. Once filled up, we could not even talk to each other across the table. Our suggestion would be to go when they open at 5:00, and avoid both a wait for a table and the noise. If it wasn't for the noise, I would have certainly given Chloe a 5 overall rating. This is another Philadelphia BYOB gem close to the Independence Mall area.