“Awesome Italian gem!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here since 1989! The food is always great, the waitstaff is friendly and jovial, and welcoming. Joe and Dennis will keep u stuffed and happy. They love the conversation! It's a byob so bring a bottle or two and get the round corner table, that's supposedly the engagement table, so be careful if u bring your girlfriend there and sit there, u may feel the urge to propose! I come here as often as my wife and I can get in to the city. The specials are always great, the crepes, mussels are excellent starters, save room for the canolis, if u dine there frequently don't be surprised if they don't give u one on the house!

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This was our first time here and we'll definitely be coming back! Great food and great atmosphere! It was a friend's birthday and the whole restaurant sang!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stopped here for a bite to eat while walking around Old City. It appeared to be the destination restaurant of the area, several couples heading to La Locanda del Ghiottone with purpose. Now I know why , the stuffed mushroom ravioli was delicious. We ordered to plates to share, wish we would have just ordered to plates of the mushroom ravioli. The seafood risotto was good but the ravioli was great. We sat outdoors, and enjoyed what we interpreted as rustic charm . It was BYOB, bread was fresh, dip ok, risotto cooked el dente with succulent pieces of shrimp and fresh seafood. The vodka sauce on the ravioli was the best I have had. Drink menu is very limited but we enjoyed the Pellegrino. Total bill for 2 was 41.00.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went here with some family members who had recommended this restaurant. It is now a place I will stop every time we are in Philly.
The waiter Joey made us feel like part of his family. He went above and beyond. I really can't do justice to his service to this place in words it must be experienced. Do yourself a favor go!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We went to La Locanda with friends for dinner on a day trip to Philly, and were blown away by this restaurant. The employees were so friendly, the atmosphere was cozy, and the food was unbelievable. My fiancée and I both had the vodka sauce which we both thought was the best we ever had. Our friends had the gnocchi and a pasta special (with shrimp and crab). Both were amazing as well. They give you big portions, it's made to order so it's hot and fresh plus they will adjust anything if you ask. The desserts were amazing too - tiramisu and cannolis. Both were so light! We can't wait to go back here. Don't miss this place!
Also, it's cash only and BYOB.