“Nice place in Philly China Town”
Review of Singapore Chinese Vegetarian - CLOSED

Singapore Chinese Vegetarian
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I am always looking for healthy options when dining out and this place looked promising. I ordered the General Tao's chicken and was pleased with the flavor and texture. They don't use chicken, instead it is a wheat gluten mixture that tastes pretty good. The service was excellent and I would definitely return again next time I am in Philly!

There are newer reviews for Singapore Chinese Vegetarian

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is an excellent restaurant. The service is good, food very tasty and the price reasonable.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I am transitioning to a plant based diet and on a Sunday afternoon decide to try this place for supper. My adult son was with me and he was excited to be in the Chinatown section of Philly. He was drooling at the different places to eat and when I stopped in front of this place I could see the disappointment in his face but he said sure. We ordered and our fresh vegetable soup came out and he was blown away by the flavor, and so was I. It was some of the best soup I have ever had. He ordered the Szechuan eggplant and I had crispy beef with black bean sauce.

Fantastic food and to think it was all vegetarian and kosher is almost unbelievable. My son admitted that he was wrong to judge the book by the cover so to speak. I just wish I lived closer so I could frequent this place. he owner was there and it was obvious that he has a loyal following as they all knew each other and diners were talking to each other like old friends do.

If you are willing to try something different this is a place that will not disappoint.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I recommend this Philadelphia Chinatown restaurant for vegetarians and those who are "kosher". The food is flavorful and authentic, nicely prepared and presented. Soup portions are more than enough to serve 2-3 people. The "beef", "chicken", and "seafood" dishes are delightful. The waiter wished us a "todah Rabah" that he said they always say in China. Quite a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

the prices are VERY reasonable. we had a dinner option that included choice of soup, three appetizers, and choice of entree. the appetizers were spring roll, fried dumpling and steamed dumpling. I had Gen Tso's "chicken" and my husband the spicy Malayasian chicken. the food was excellent $12.50per person, portions large enough to take some home. dessert included--a fortune cookie, fresh oranges, and a chinese sweet. my husband loved the food, and he is a carnivore. also ceretified kosher. the owners are ethnic Chinese born in Malaysia. and of course Singapore itself is Asian fusion.