“Best Vegetarian Chinese Restaurant in Philly”
Review of Singapore Chinese Vegetarian - CLOSED

Singapore Chinese Vegetarian
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I adore Singapore. This is a restaurant which had never failed to deliver high-quality food. We've eaten in, and taken out, and it's always delicious. I have taken dedicated meat eaters there and they were stunned at how satisfied they were after eating no meat. I think the magic is in the fresh ingredients and the spices in the variety of sauces.

Wow, just thinking about Singapore makes me hungry for their Orange Beef, Lion Head, or their out of this world leek dumplings. I need to plan a visit soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We have been eating here for years. Our last visit was a few years ago so when we were in Philly on Christmas Eve, we decided to make a visit.

The restaurant is virtually unchanged. Could use an update in decor and carpet.

The service is excellent. The food never disappoints. So many varieties for a vegetarian. Soda is served by the can. Busy take out service.

We always say we should try one of the other vegetarian chinese places in the area but we never do.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I am always looking for healthy options when dining out and this place looked promising. I ordered the General Tao's chicken and was pleased with the flavor and texture. They don't use chicken, instead it is a wheat gluten mixture that tastes pretty good. The service was excellent and I would definitely return again next time I am in Philly!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is an excellent restaurant. The service is good, food very tasty and the price reasonable.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I am transitioning to a plant based diet and on a Sunday afternoon decide to try this place for supper. My adult son was with me and he was excited to be in the Chinatown section of Philly. He was drooling at the different places to eat and when I stopped in front of this place I could see the disappointment in his face but he said sure. We ordered and our fresh vegetable soup came out and he was blown away by the flavor, and so was I. It was some of the best soup I have ever had. He ordered the Szechuan eggplant and I had crispy beef with black bean sauce.

Fantastic food and to think it was all vegetarian and kosher is almost unbelievable. My son admitted that he was wrong to judge the book by the cover so to speak. I just wish I lived closer so I could frequent this place. he owner was there and it was obvious that he has a loyal following as they all knew each other and diners were talking to each other like old friends do.

If you are willing to try something different this is a place that will not disappoint.