“Interesting and diverse Afghan/Indian food; friendly atmosphere”
Review of Kabul Restaurant

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Philadelphia
“Interesting and diverse Afghan/Indian food; friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our meal met our expectations even though some of the other reviews(on other sites) were less than sterling.
We found the lentil soup especially tasty and spiced just right.
The vegetarian entree was very good and a large amount of rice. The lamb kabobs were nice and spicy albeit a tad overcooked, accompanied by brown rice.
Our window seat afforded us a nice view of the passers-by. The interesting interior decoration features a variety of Afghanistan-based items such as vests and other items of clothing.

• Visited August 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Afghan Food!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My first experience of traditional Afghanie food and it was great. Service was attentive and quick and the food was delicious. Will definitely be returning!

• Visited May 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Food was delicious...decor could use an upgrade”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in Philly for a weekend for my birthday, and I was looking for a restaurant unlike anything in my hometown. Kabul had good reviews, and the menu looked great, so we gave it a try around 6 p.m. on a Saturday. It was not crowded, so we were immediately seated.

Overall, the food was very good and the service was fine. We had appetizers, main courses, and dessert. The portions were large, and the prices were average.

The only downsides were that the restaurant was a little too dark and I felt like everything was very dated...the tables, chairs, dishware, etc., all looked like they could use an upgrade. My water glass was an elaborate crystal-looking goblet (with lipstick marks on it).

All in all, though, the quality of the food warrants its good reviews.

• Visited April 2013
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
“Something Different and Worth A Try”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I chose this restaurant because of a Restaurant.com certificate, the reviews on it's web site, and wanting to try something different; Afghan cuisine. I enjoyed the authentic ambiance of the restaurant. The food was tasty, the service friendly and my friends were pleasantly surprised with a new culinary experience. The prices were reasonable, the menu had variety and the servings were just enough to fill you without feeling like you over indulged. I would definitely go again.

Visited March 2013
Binghamton, New York
“Apps were amazing”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Found this through groupon and that alone made it worth it. It was a little out of the way but near Old City so we went after sight seeing.

Service was good. We bought a bottle of wine from the liquor store nearby on 2nd street and our server brought out a corkscrew and glasses right away.

We ordered two appetizers, feta in a pastry and chickpeas and potatoes in a pastry. They were so good I could've eaten two orders of each.

The main courses were mediocre but not bad. I got sautéed pumpkin, my boyfriend got lamb. The pumpkin was definitely better but starting off on a high point with the apps made it a bit disappointing.

Good for a date. I wouldn't mind going again.

Visited January 2013