“A Good Sushi Dinner”
Review of Zama

Zama
Reserve with OpenTable
Zama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cross street: Moravian
New Jersey
“A Good Sushi Dinner”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The food and service were both good. I would recommend making a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night. We didn’t make a reservation and while we were seated immediately, we were seated outside…not ideal on a windy night!

Visited September 2013

Exton, Pennsylvania
“Quality food, but not amazing”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Zama's decor was nice, but not inspiring. The food was somewhat hit or miss for my taste. I had the Chef's tasting menu. The egg custard was not what I was expecting and in this way was a major let down. The pounded tuna was one of the best dishes they had to offer. I would say it was an overall fine place with great service but I would not return. The atmosphere was quite loud and made conversations difficult.

Highland Park, Illinois
“Fine, nothing special.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The atmosphere was basically fine, but a 9-piece Chef’s Special sushi where 7 pieces are beige? Even the waiter didn’t know what they were. All different fish. Allegedly...

1 Thank Ross F
Los Angeles, California
“Great Japanese in Philadelphia”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Zama seems to be very popular with Penn students. The decor is traditional white birch; very beautiful and soothing. The sushi and sashimi were excellent, but we spent nearly 2 hours dining here. The reason (as other reviewers have consistently pointed out) is the slow service. Our waitress was charming, but just not very available. Our entrees did not come at the same time. Even when we asked for refills of our green tea, we waited 5+ minutes. The check took over 10 minutes to come.

We would definitely return, but we would order differently. Probably only sushi and sashimi. And, explain to the waiter when we needed to depart.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent sushi right off Rittenhouse Square”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have dined for both dinner and lunch at Zama over 20 times this year. It is our go to place for high quality sushi. My personal favorite is their spicy churashi, which they can make extra spicy. I think service can be a little slow, but has never really bothered me. I personally think Zama is one of the best places in the city for sushi. Nice little tables outside that are easier to get from say Parc right on the square.

• Visited July 2013