“Wonderful meal”

Neighbourhood: City Center East
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The food is very good the staff was very courteous we had a very good time the atmosphere was very careful with the wood burning fireplace for their pizza oven the entire experience was great

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We went last year with a large group after being turned away at several other restaurants and it was excellent!!!! Service, food and willingness to accomodate

Toronto
“Not super fancy Italian, but honest and well priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

First thing - they give you a lot of food here for the price. First time we each had an app, pasta and salad. Second time we shared everything, so 50% of the previous order and it was enough. I would not call it super fancy Italian, just honest Italian, i.e. a good sauce, good portions - e.g. mound of arugula with shaved parmesan and four large slices of prosciutto. Honest. Good crispy Roman pizza crust, maybe a little more cheese than I like. Nice service, decent desserts. went back twice as best option for us in the area. Positano is near the Sheraton at Penn's Landing, and much pricier and more seafood / raw bar. This was a fine alternative.

Visited April 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“The Crust”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Was so good I don't recall the very good toppings but I would still go back! Quirky describes the decor and clientele, but we were there early. You could tan sitting across from the oven!

Seriously fine thin crust pizza.

• Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pizzicato was a Very Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Ok. I've eaten here before and loved it (the Linguine Bolognese) but earlier today I was in a hurry and in the mood for a burger - a simple, good tasting burger. I don't get them very often and wanted one and someone said, "try the one's at Pizzicato they're really good!" I figured, "why not" and got one. When I say the phrase, "Best Burger in Old City," I'm not exaggerating! Served "medium" with smoky bacon, mozzarella (I think) and all the trimmings, this 1/3rd or more pound masterpiece was amazingly juicy, meaty and delicious! The shoestring fries were salted just enough and were a nice compliment to the burger which was served on what I later discovered was an in-house made bun.

Between the amazing pastas, good salads, the bruschetta and this sangria I had there once that was to die for, Pizzicato is definitely on my "go back often" list! The staff is friendly, the service good and the food incredibly delicious. (The desserts are great too!)

Good job guys! Thanks for a great meal! You even make burgers a marvelous experience!

• Visited April 2014