“The good and bad (nothing ugly)”
Review of Audrey Claire

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Austin, TX
“The good and bad (nothing ugly)”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Really anticipated a special birthday meal here on our short Philly stay. Town was having a heat wave, and our tiny table near the door was uncomfortably warm. Our waiter sweetened the deal by bringing us a complimentary bowl of some yummy pineapple/cilantro spiked gazpacho that was cool and delicious. Salads were just OK (heirloom tomatoes were a mistake, far too early in the season). Entrees: the much-touted ahi tuna dish failed in both flavor and presentation, flavorless fish on an ugly smear of quid ink aioli, w/ tasteless green beans and couscous. The pork entree was overcooked at the edges, but proved moist and delicious as we kept eating, with a rich fruit-spiked glaze and delicious mashed potatoes. Our excellent waiter (apologetic without excuse-making) comped the tuna, then brought us TWO desserts and coffee to make up for our disappt. So kitchen needed to up their game, but waiter could not have been more professional and spot-on. This might have been big disappt except for his graciousness.

• Visited June 2013

Philadelphia, PA
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I live in Philadelphia and this is one of my favorite go-to places. I crave the pear, gorgonzola flat bread - it is delicious! There is a good, neighborhood atmosphere and the staff is always friendly. The restaurant has been around for quite a while, but it always feels fresh with a daily special and changing menu, but they know to keep customer faves available! I once had a braised short rib that was divine. My husband and I have had numerous very good meals and enjoyable evenings. It is BYOB, so bring a good bottle of wine and enjoy.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Overcooked tuna”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

It was our first and probably the last time at this restaurant. We liked the service, but the food, not so much. I ordered the grilled tiger shrimp, which was ok. It was missing something. I frankly cook a better shrimp at home. My sister ordered their tuna dish and specifically requested raw.... It was so overcooked around the edges and the bread crumbs made it so dry, that she had to chase it with water. The only pleasant dish, was the warm chocolate cake, which is very hard to ruin. So, unfortunately was not impressed. Glad it was BYOB, so we saved some $ on the drinks, otherwise the place is way too overpriced for the quality of food they offer.

• Visited May 2013
“Another Great Meal at Audrey Claire!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We have been to Audrey Claire (and it's sister restaurant 20 Manning) several times and never had a bad meal. Audrey Claire has great fresh, local food and is BYOB which always makes things a little more affordable. I would highly recommend the antipasti for two- it is essentially a taste of all of the items on the antipasti menu and absolutely wonderful. The grilled corn is also amazing and goes really well with the steak. The service is also excellent. We ordered a molten chocolate cake for dessert and it took quite a while. The waiter told us that they accidentally burned the first one so were making another one for us. They didn't charge us for the dessert because of the long wait which was appreciated. Overall, definitely worth a visit if you are in the Philly area!

Greenwich, CT
“Fresh, light and great value!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I just ate dinner tonight with family and enjoyed my first experience here. We sat inside as the sun had gone down and it was a bit chilly, but I really liked the bistro feeling and the fact that it has outdoor seating. Audrey Claire is unique to me as it's BYOB and that isn't common nowadays (and across the street is a cool beer/wine store where one can create custom 6 packs!).
I ordered the black truffled beets with blood orange garnish and then shared a plate of hummus (I chose red pepper/ tomato, tuna, and avocado hummuses) and my family ordered other various dishes, which we all shared.
Great value, cool ambiance and the menu selections are ample without being overwhelming. I hope to return to Philly soon and plan on coming back. I recommend it.

• Visited April 2013