“Highlight of my trip”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was in Philly moving my daughter who had just graduated from art school. She passed this restaurant for 2 years on her way too and from her dingy dive of an apartment. She said she's see the people enjoying great food and having fun and was like the little kid looking in. I was a chef and my daughter was raised on truly fine food at home so she knew what she was looking at. To celebrate her graduation and being all packed up we ate here on our last night in Philly. I rarely eat out and almost never in this price bracket because I can make the food myself for much less, but this was a special occasion.
They did not disappoint and it was much better than I had anticipated. When I asked about how the meat was raised and where it came from the waiter did not bat an eyelash and was able to tell me. He knew where and how each type of fish was sourced. I was the awful customer who forgot to mention a food sensitivity and when it was with an item that had not listed it on the menu he subbed right away and took care of it without a second thought. This was service of the highest order. The night turned out to be absolutely magical and I would not hesitate to eat there again. All the energy goes into the food and these people truly care about food, flavor and presentation. The attention paid to vegetables was amazing. No money is wasted on excessive decor. There are lines here every night and there is good reason for it. Get there early on weekends as it is first come first served.
I usually skip dessert, but this was an unusual night for us and the deserts were fantastic and not as overly sweet as I have come to expect from American deserts.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a great experience! My husband and I went there on a muggy, Monday night and we sat at the counter where they food is prepared. I was worried that it might be too warm, but it was great to be able to see all the dishes being prepared. Located just off Rittenhouse square in a charming neighborhood, this little, no nonsense place has amazing food. We had the olives, beets, roasted artichokes, pea risotto, tuna and corn on the cob. It was all so fresh and beyond delicious that my husband and I were "food drunk!" This is the phrase my husband and I use to describe food so delicious no wine is necessary! For dessert we had the little chocolate cake with fresh, fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries. It was so lovely. The restaurant is small so you MUST have reservations. That said, we went on a Monday evening and it was packed! Audrey Claire is also a great option for vegetarians and vegans. There is so much to choose from! The only reason I couldn't give it a 5 is because it is really, really noisy without music and limited air conditioning. But, go for the food!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I now understand why this is my boyfriend's favorite BYOB in Philly. Note that reservations are a must! We called on Tuesday for Sunday dinner and they had only one opening left. Small corner location with sidewalk dining and indoor dining room. Due to the limited interior space, it fills quickly, becoming noisy...but tolerable. The servers were assiduous during the bustling dinner hour. Menu contains a substantial amount of unique dishes. We highly recommend the Pear and Gorgonzola flat bread for a starter, it was simply divine! Highly recommend for all taste buds!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very friendly staff, good food, warm atmosphere, not the best food I have ever tried, but definitely good, I would absolutely recommend this restaurant for a nice evening our with friends, do not forget to bring your wine and some cash, credit cards are not accepted

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a group dinner at Audrey Claire. Whilst we had to wait a while for a table, it was well worth the wait. The food was fantastic and the service was just great. Recommended!