“Somewhat pricey, staff seemed a little uppity”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Walnut Street
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First impression was that the waitress was a little snooty. The cheese tray was very delicious but somewhat skimpy. Cheapest wine on the "by the glass" menu was $10, but it tasted like a $10/bottle wine. The tuna sandwich was absolutely delicious and even better than I expected, but the "salad" that came along with it was a cold noodle salad (not what I expected, but decent). Two person lunch with tip and one glass of wine each was about $115. This included cheese tray but not dessert. Not sure I'd go back, but the view and nearby patrons were quite nice.

There are newer reviews for Rouge

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I hate to do this but...it is worth the food--only. (for a daytime visit) Not my first time here and it might have been my last. From the first interaction the staff had a bad attitude. It was a regular Sunday, my friend was visiting from New York and we wanted Rouge burgers for lunch/brunch. The hostess and service absolutely hated us and we still are not sure why; but we still left a proper tip. The restaurant was not very busy. Not sure what the problem was. Very disappointed. It's not the def top restaurant in the city. Loose the better than thou bull attitude.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Since the weather was so nice we decided to try out Rouge. We had a window seat to enjoy the park view. My husband really like his escargot. I thought my mussels were just OK. The duck fettuccine and hanger steak salad were delicious. Our server Bob was excellent. The place was packed with regulars. Do try the French press coffee - a great finish to a great meal.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome location, at Rittenhouse Square.

Great place to people watch, dog watch, and enjoy the view of the Square. The outside seating is pet friendly.

The food is amazing!

Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had a very nice relaxing lunch sitting outside overlooking Rittenhouse Square. The truffle pomme frites are excellent (we always compare to The Breakers, as these are as good), the hamburger was huge and tasty, the seared tuna sandwich different, but as in good different. Try it. The staff is friendly, non-pretenious and I think that is why this appears to be a local hangout. We noticed many customers knew one another and were greeted by name. Worth a revisit.