“Awesome -- Authentic Family owned & run Great Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Pesto

Ristorante Pesto
Ranked #1 of 4,321 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
KC-MO
“Awesome -- Authentic Family owned & run Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We previously lived for over a decade in Philly and knew the great Italian restaurants--- surprise they change. Tonight we actually used TripAdvisor for guidance and yes ate here. What an incredible find. Everything is made on the premises. The sauces are to die for. We started with an eggplant appetizer and a stuffed mushroom appetizer. Each a meal in itself. Cooked properly, served warm and well seasoned.
The seafood pasta was outrageously large and tasty-- the pasta just right!
I had a veal dish which was tender and almost --- too much.
BYOB but we ordered a bottle of Montepulciano which Vivino (app) rated as a 3.9 --excellent.
If you want REAL south Philly let Chistina find you the right table and Rita serve you.
Discovering a former Dean and another colleague were friends of the owner made me certain to return!

Vineland, New Jersey
“Bring Your Appetite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten at "Pesto's" several times, and we're always delighted. It's like eating dinner in a friend's home. The staff is relaxed and unpretentious. And the food!... The first time, I had the veal chop ($39) prepared perfectly; elegant in it's simplicity. We always order appetizers for the table for sharing. There's plenty to go around. Most recently I had the Gnocchi ($16) with the house marinara (gravy.). They were the most tender, melt in your mouth Gnocchi I ever had. The waitress said her father (the man sitting in the chair over there) makes them. Feel free to BYOB or you can purchase a glass of wine there. Well worth the drive over to Philly from Jersey.

Visited May 2014
“Nice surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Found ourselves in S. Philly on short notice & needing a meal. contacted the son who recommended this restaurant. I called (Friday nite 7 PM) & inquired about the availability of a table for three.She said to come on!
If I were doing a drive by without recommendation,I never would have stopped. Once inside the door, your experience is transformed.
You are not squished in at your table at all.
Our waitress Maria, was most kind & patient with us. Selections were overwhelming & she repeated the specials for us twice without a blink of an eye.
Portions are hardy!! Appetizers could easily be an entree depending on your appetite. All of our selections were delicioso! Hubby had appetizer special of portobellos stuffed with crabmeat. We shared another app special ordered by oopsie by our guest (asparagus wrapped in proscuitto). He ended up taking his entree home. I could go on but trust me, all was good.
Service was excellent & staff were extremely pleasant!!
I highly recommend not blinking when you drive by.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful family restaurant in Philly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was looking for a nice Italian restaurant in Philly and decided to book this restaurant based on prior TripAdvisor comments....we were not disappointed! We were traveling from Canada on vacation and the restaurant definitely treated us like one of the many locals that appeared to frequent the establishment.

Food was excellent, very authentic and we only wished they opened up a restaurant in the GTA/Toronto area! All of our meals were fantastic, and from a quick taste test on my wife's dinner confirmed their marinara sauce is out of this world!

Only minor disappointment was the service tended to be a little slow as they are generally quite busy and only one main waitress and the owners to look after the tables. However, what amazing personal service you get with this experience and one that was genuinely appreciated.

Unfortunately they were out of their Tiramisu which I was looking forward to trying, but they ended up giving us a complimentary chocolate dessert which was quite decadent!

We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again if we are ever in the Philly area - great food with a fabulous staff and a family owned restaurant....perfect in every respect!!!

delaware County, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extordinary Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went to Ristorante Pesto with my Family , the service was wonderful , everyone there very friendly , the Food was so tasty & Atmosphere was nice ! Would go back for sure !~~

Connie & Lee