“location and price are the big sells”
Review of Dmitri's - CLOSED

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Went here with the family a couple weeks ago based on recommendations and trip advisor. If it was not highly rated I guess I would have thought it was adequate, but given the ratings the food disappointing. Certainly the location is nice and the square across from Dmitri's is pretty. The food was very mixed. Mediterranean appetizer was quite good, the pinot at $8 a glass was bad, soft shell crabs were good but the grilled octopus was disappointing and the pan fried flounder special really wasn't great (overcooked). Service was so/so. The price though, totaled $100 for four people including tip which really seemed quite reasonable. I guess you get what you pay for here.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I go to the Dmitri's on Fitler Square all the time. The food is about a B+ - pretty good but the view is definitely an A+ of the historic and beautifully maintained Fitler Square. Love it.

1  Thank diner204
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I ate at Dmitri's last night, we share the same food, but the breaded muscles got me sick. Terrible night!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I've been going to Dimitri's for over 15 years and it has never failed me! I prefer the 3rd and Catherine location even though it's tough to get seating at times (the restaraunt is tiny and there are no reservations). I usually go with friends and we always just split a bunch of appetizers and small plates versus ordering individual meals. Our favorites are the hummus (so so good with the freshly toasted pita), octopus (douse in lemon!), and the sauteed shrimp, though I have never had anything bad there (other than the entree sides mentioned below). The smelts and mussels are also very good. If you do get the entrees I would recommend the salmon or blue fish. One more note - the entrees come with bland rice and steamed greens. I don't know why they serve these still because I've never seen anyone eat them! Still, this is my favorite place in Philly and when you get the bill you will be very pleased at the low price you'll pay for an awesome meal!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have been eating at Dimitri's since it opened in queen village. Get there early and prepare to wait.Very small, very crowded....but the food is beyond amazing. Fresh, very simply prepared, no heavy sauces and distracting decoration on the plate. The best hummus and grilled pita, by far the best grilled octopus in the city...I could go on, I have everything on the menu at least once... Order a bunch of small plates and share with the table, and the table next to you... BYOB makes it very affordable! My "go to"restaurant in Philly...