“Amazing vegan find in Chinatown”

Harmony Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #1,950 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was really impressed with the quality of the food at the Harmony Vegetarian restaurant in Philly Chinatown. My wife and I, 2 yr old and 4 yr old went there for dinner. We ordered the Dim Sum all you can eat special and was blown away! We started with soup, which was pretty standard, and then main course. They kept coming out with waves of food- dim sum, dumplings, vegetables, veggie pancakes, etc... The food and sauces were delicious! My two year old couldn't get enough!

The service was very friendly and, when we asked for scallion pancakes, they said no problem and provided us a plateful in minutes. They were very friendly to our little kids and very understanding when we had our inevitable messes and tantrums (kids mostly).

The decor is a little drab and location out of the way, but don't let it stop you from the great food!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Good food and good service. I forgot it was all vegetarian. I will definitely go back. No more debating- go!

1  Thank Benni777
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places for dinner. We love the Sunday buffet. It's reasonably priced and has yummy choices. It can get a bit crowded at certain times and you may end up waiting for particular dishes to be replenished but it's worth the wait. If you have children in your group be advised that they charge the same amount for children as they do adults. For me that is the only downside. For an adult the prices are reasonable but for a child (especially a younger child that doesn't eat much) the prices are ridiculous. I now just order something small off of the menu for my daughter but it would be nice if she could get the buffet at a children's price.

1  Thank Angela C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

I had food delivered twice while I was in Philadelphia. Their mock meat is so good. I love the crispy orange chicken.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Tonight we ate the sizzling beef. OMG! It was wonderful! Once again we were not disappointed. I love the warm wash cloth at the end of the meal. you really need to try this place!