“French atmosphere, delicious breakfasts”
Review of Chez Colette

Chez Colette
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Colette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #908 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Samson
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Chez Colette is a great breakfast option, especially if you're staying at the Sofitel. The pastries and breads are dangerously addictive--thank heaven the chocolate croissants are mini-sized! And the healthy egg scramble is far more flavorful than one expects from a "health food" option.

There are newer reviews for Chez Colette

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The egg and spinach scramble atop brown rice was fantastic, as was the less healthy mini chocolate croissant. My friend has a Belgian waffle that she declared to be the best Belgian waffle she has ever had. Everything in this place was delicious.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the connected Sofitel (fabulous) and had breakfast at Chez Colette our last morning. The pricing is expected for a restaurant attached to a hotel, and the quality was better than an average "hotel breakfast", but not the best given the surrounding options.

The buffet was stocked with your usual breakfast meats, danishes and pastries, home fries, eggs and french toast. The croissant and pastries were fresh and tasty. Our first serving of french toast that we took was inedible and almost impossible to cut through it was so dried out in the sterno. It wasn't "the end" of the sterno, it was still 1/2 full, but I suppose it was sitting a while. When the hubs saw a fresh pan set he jumped on it and I'm glad that he did - it was wonderful!

The french-press coffee is made table side and was perfect in flavor and temperature.

We took turns going to the buffet as we waited for our 2.5 year old's breakfast to arrive. Her blueberry pancakes came 20 minutes into our meal - after the adults were done eating and had already shared some with her - though I should mention that they were delicious and a very liberal portion.

Overall, I think it is an above-average option for being a hotel-attached restaurant, but we had better meals in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

They greet you with a "Bonjour," which is nice, and then they delight with attentive but not obtrusive service. We had breakfast here, which included complimentary little somethings, as well as breads like croissants. Orange juice was first rate, as was my oatmeal and the fruit medley. French toast was a tad undercooked; my wife says because they used the wrong kind of bread. I would be happy to return!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had breakfast with my family. Everything was top quality. The viennoiseries were fresh, delicious. Coffee was very good (Italian Lavazza). Fruit juice was freshly squeezed, so very natural. Fruit salad was great. Eggs and bacon wee also top quality. The room is also very nice and comfortable with comfy chairs and lots of space. Service very attentive and professional. A perfect place for top quality breakfast.