“Great Pizza Place”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Really loved this Vegan pizza place in Philadelphia. Generous portions and friendly staff. Will definitely stop again the next time we are in Philadelphia

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Bought a seitan cheesesteak today (as I've done a few times since I learned about it recently). Add mushrooms and onions with rosemary and their other spices....Well, it was utterly delicious!

Wish I lived closer, as I'd end up there practically daily.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

A vegetarian friend told me to try this place - a true pizza shop near South Street in Philly. It's not fancy, with a few tables and a clean bathroom. But it sure is good.

I am vegan, and my husband humors me by eating good vegan food, too! We stopped in one Saturday afternoon (around 2pm) and it quickly became PACKED with people. Seemed like locals, and man, it was a big crowd for mid-day.

We split the cheesesteak and an order of wings. We loved each and every bite. The roll they use for the steak so so good. You know the saying, the roll makes it! But in this case, it's good because of what's inside the roll, too!

Our snack that afternoon was a taste test of sorts. We came back later in the month to pick up a large order for our annual holiday party, attended by all non-Vegans. We drove more than 30-minutes to get the food and it was worth it!

We treated party-goers to three pizzas, all three kinds of wings and cheesesteaks. My family and friends who NEVER eat vegan (some are not sure what vegan is) LOVED all of the food. There were no wings or steaks left over. They were amazed by the food and the taste.

Cannot wait to take a drive back to Blackbird Pizza soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

So you are visiting Philly and want a classic cheesesteak but you don't eat meat (or maybe you are trying to eat healthy that day.) So you can just come to Blackbird and get a "vegan" one. Plenty of onions and plenty of what ever the heck the replace the meat with, and cheese. And a bonus is that the fine lads working were playing some very cool music. While eating I heard some Fugazi, old Metallica, and some Misfits. I also had the chili which was spicey and hit the spot. Very good lunch indeedy. In a cool south Philly area that had some good shops and a record store. So win win win.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My husband found this place for me when I went vegan. I really love everything I've tried. Pizza is great and so is Philly cheese steak.