“Amazingly delicious and creative”
Review of Blackbird Pizzeria

Blackbird Pizzeria
Ranked #145 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazingly delicious and creative”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

So delicious. I've eaten here a few times and have never been let down. The creativity and combination of flavors they use in their pizzas and sandwiches is very impressive for a casual dining place, vegan or not.
My most recent visit we loaded up on goods because that's how we roll- Funghi pizza, Hawaiian pizza, The Ringer sandwich, smoked habanero buffalo wings, charred jalapeño buffalo wings and french fries. All was exceptional even down to the fries. If, for some crazy reason, you don't want to order as much food as me my pick is for the Funghi pizza.
I will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mas4444

• Korean first
East Hampton, Connecticut
“Go there for the vegan philly cheese steak”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The only downside to this place is that I passed it twice because their storefront sign was hard to read.

The service was friendly, fast and thorough.

I've had other vegan cheesesteaks in Philly. This was BY FAR the best. The garlic flavors just complimented it.... not overpowered it. The meat substitute was sliced thin, cooked til light brown and served HOT and DELICIOUS.

The portion was big enough for 2-3 meals.

Miami, Florida
“Wow! A Vegan Pizzeria!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Blackbird Pizzeria was so good, I was wanting to pack it up and take the whole place back to Miami with me. Had a little trouble finding parking nearby but it was definitely worth the effort.

Visited May 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Really, really good”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I went twice. I'd go again. I'll miss it.

This is really good food. It happens to be vegan, but it's totally delicious.

The pizza is great. The seitan cheesesteak was delicious. The fries are really good.

I can't imagine you'd go wrong.

Dallas, Texas
“Go eat here! Even if you aren't vegan!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Oh my gosh- My boyfriend, his sister, and I ate lunch here on my first trip to Philly. I really wish there was a place like this close to us in Dallas. Everything we ate was fantastic. We shared a slice of pizza, the rootbeer bbq wings, and cheesesteak (and I got a chocolate cookie that the cashier said she ate almost every day and I could believe her- it was delish). I have never had vegan wings before and they were outstanding, delicious, wonderful! All of the food we tried was absolutely delicious!! The entire menu is vegan, and as a vegan foodie I felt like I was in heaven. I couldn't have asked for a better lunch. The staff was really kind too, which is always a bonus at any place you travel to. If I lived in Philly it would be hard to not eat here every day - that is how GOOD the food is. You must go eat here, even if you aren't vegan! The whole restaurant is probably 10 tables, kinda hole in the wall place- but don't be fooled by the atmosphere if you're the snobby restaurant type, otherwise you'll miss out.