“Great Fish + Hot Sake = Yum”
Review of Hikaru

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Fish + Hot Sake = Yum”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Finally! A sushi place that offers an affordable hot sake... $4.75/carafe. The fish is always fresh and the service is wonderful.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank AJay503

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“freshest most original sushi in this city!”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I love this place, it is one of the small handful of sushi places I will eat at in this city. The rolls are very fresh, and most of them are Hikaru's own touch. For example..south street roll is amazing, try it!

michkinney
“Awesome sushi”
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I went to Hikaru with my boyfriend and brother who just moved to the neighborhood from our hometown near Boston. The waitress was really sweet and helpful, she happily answered all of our questions and made some recommendations for us, including some of the tuna that came in that morning, which melted in our mouths. We got a variety of sushi, including the Sprunchy roll (my new favorite!!), spicy tuna, red dragon roll, shrimp tempura roll, Hamachi, Maguro and many others, and none failed to impress. They were totally cool with variations we requested on some of their menu items. The prices were comparable to my favorite sushi place in Boston, and while the pieces were a bit smaller, the taste, quality, and freshness of the fish made up for it. When we finished the meal the waitress brought us, on the house, a homemade cold tea made with ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and pine nuts, that was a perfect compliment to the meal. We all left there full and happy. My favorite place back home just wont be the same after eating at Hikaru, but thankfully my brother lives just a few steps away now, so I'll be sure to make lots of visits to see him.

The place is well decorated, and very clean and bright. We went in jeans and nice tops, and didnt feel under dressed. The restaurant is BYOB, so dont forget to stop for a bottle of wine on your way in! It looked like there was plenty of street parking in the area, and there are lots of other cool places to check out in the neighborhood.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best sushi for reasonable price (compare to Morimoto) Large selection. Best unagi.”
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Best sushi for reasonable price!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good sushis, nothing mind-blowing but safe choice.”
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Good sushis, nothing mind-blowing but safe choice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook