“Great Food and Good Service, Always a Favorite”
Review of Lee How Fook

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was the best thing my ex ever did was bring me to this place. Returned the other night with a party of 5 other friends to show them what I think is a good kept secret in Chinatown. We ordered pan fried pork dumplings (great!), spring rolls (Standard), salt baked squid (my favorite dish ever! YUMM! Even if you skeptical of squid get it!), shrimp with lobster sauce (very good), chicken with american brocli (really good), general tsos chicken (another favorite), and pork fried rice (awesome!!!). This place is BYOB. Overall a wonderful night and very affordable. It was $17 a person with tip!! How awesome is that?

1  Thank Grisia28

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hot and Sour soup is truly special at this Philly landmark! So delicious! Shared a few dishes with friends and it was great!

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Coming home to Philadelphia to see family is always a treat! Visiting china town brings back memories until my visit to Lee How Fook! We read reviews and visited the restaurant once before but our second visit was horrible!!!!! I ordered the chicken and broccoli an easy dish and the chicken was old had been recooked. My sons chicken fried rice had a rather nasty taste to it!!!! Couldn't put my finger on it!?? My husbands dish was mediocre at best!!! I don't know what they did in a year but we will not go back! It was so bad we ate a few bites and left! Very disappointed as we always look forward to good Chinese food when visiting!!!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

A variation of the name of this venerable spot has been immortalized in the lyrics of a great Warren Zevon oldie:

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walkin' through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was lookin' for the place called Lee Ho Fooks
Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein

Aaahoo! Werewolves of London

This place is not in London. LHF is your basic Chinese-American menu, located in a very clean and small space in Philly. Very quick service and rapid turnover must be key to the success of this tiny spot on north 11th Street in Philadelphia's Chinatown. We arrived shortly after 6:00 PM on a sultry summer Friday and were the only patrons at that early dinner hour, but within twenty minutes the restaurant was full. It's a BYOB, so bring some cold beer or wine to go with your pepper steak or chow mein. One or two ethnic Chinese patrons were observed enjoying nice and noodle dishes, so the food does have legitimacy, but overall, this is not a restaurant to sample unfamiliar fare; for that you gotta go a little deeper into C'town. We found the dishes we ordered to be very tasty, and we were quite happy. I'm sure most visitors (and their kids) would love the food. I would go again.

Aaahoooooooooooo!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by a shopkeeper in Reading Market - it is a few minutes walk from the market. We were served quickly and enjoyed the large portions of good food. Our favourite was the beef in black bean sauce. Peking duck was served with the main course (we are more used to it as a starter).