“Good, but not best in Philadelphia ”

Abner's Cheesesteaks
Ranked #458 of 5,098 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighbourhood: University City
Neighbourhood: University City
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Best thing about Abner’s cheesesteak is that it is not as greasy as other places.

The quality of the meat although very good, but several other places have better meat where meat melts in your mouth.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to a real Philly Cheesesteak during our second visit to the city city of Philadelphia. We looked for the closest one to our hotel in the university part of the city. The reviews were decent and only two streets away!
But I was disappointed! This sandwich is nothing special. Dry and boring.
I couldn't care less about the simple location and the very decent prices. The one we had at the market last year was amazing! So if you are visiting Philly, you should go elsewhere.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I needed a cheesesteak, a real cheesesteak. Everyone said "don't go to the 'big two'!". I had to find the perfect Philly cheesesteak. Thankfully someone suggested Abner's. Awesome, perfect and just what I was looking for!! I know why someone said that the best cheesesteaks come from Abner's!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

If you are looking for cheesesteaks near UPenn this is a great option. Everything was perfect. Loved the waffle fries too.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

During our trip, we had several different cheesesteaks, and Abner's was the best. Order it with hot peppers. So, so good!

1  Thank mowlio