“Top food, great Vegetarian-Veganoptions”
Review of Ariana Restaurant

Ariana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ariana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had a lovely meal here Saturday night, food was tasty, plenty of options, friendly service and excellent value. Would re- enforce earlier comments about pricing and good food, also clean and decent decor.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This small restaurant offers a number of delcious Afghan and Middle Eastern dishes. Very large variety of vegetarian and vegan options. The entrees are all under $ 15 which is a rare find in Old City. The service on a slow Monday night was very good and our food was properly prepared and served quickly. Highly recommended. It would have gotten five stars but the portions were a little smaller than expected but quite adequate.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

For tasty, authentic Afghan cuisine in a warm and cozy atmosphere, try Ariana in downtown Philadelphia. My wife and I have eaten there numerous times, and we always have a good meal. I always order the pumpkin appetizer prepared with yoghurt. It is delicious. My favorite entree is Narange Palow, a savory lamb dish, with orange peel and almonds, served over basmati rice. There are numerous tasty vegetarian dishes as well. Try to say room for some baklava.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

It was not only very good, but when it impresses your middle eastern friends, you know it's truly traditional food. Ariana herself waited on us and it was a truly memorable experience. Nothing like a pre-colonial to present history lesson to go with the ethnic dining experience. Someone from the state dept. should have been there to learn a few things.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I've been to the Voorhees location with my husband and we both thought that the food was delicious but the service was slow and he hasn't wanted to go back since then. When I had a chance to go to the Philadelphia location with a business associate I took it because I knew the food was good and slow service would not be a problem as we weren't in a hurry and we were going for an after work dinner. She describer herself as a "culinary coward" and was excited to try Afghan food. We shared a scallion turnover appetizer - very tasty. I had an eggplant & tomato dish with raisins, almonds and carrots over brown basmati rice. It was delicious (the menu said it also had pistaschios but I didn't get any - perhaps they were out of them?). My companion had kabobs with chicken, lamb and beef because she couldn't decide. She loved it and her husband ate her leftovers the next day & he loved it also. The only disappointment was my Turkish coffee. My husband is Turkish and I've been to Turkey twice and was looking forward to a Turkish coffee. The taste was ok but it was much "thinner" than a normal Turkish coffee - it didn't even leave any marks on the side of my cup for me to read my fortune afterward.