“Everything we wanted and needed. (At the best...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DrewSouth
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Everything we wanted and needed. (At the best price I could find!)”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

This place is great! The location is, more or less, unbeatable.

My girlfriend and I (along with a friend from work) rented this place for a spur of the moment break to Philly. We found that it was walking-distance to pretty much everything we wanted see and do. (The Rocky Steps were a bit of a hike, but we planned on walking a lot, in order to work off some of the food.) Just walk outside the front door, pick a direction to explore, and go.

Also, there is an elevator. I may have somehow missed this bit of info before I booked, but suffice it to say, I was relieved that there was an elevator. (For the overly reasonable price, I didn't expect an elevator.) I had envisioned walking up 5 flights of switch-back stairs with my luggage, then descending said stairs, then hauling my girlfriend's luggage back up. "Relief" doesn't properly describe how I felt when I found out there was an elevator.

The apartment itself is equally great. Nicely furnished. Cable and WiFi are great. The natural light from the massive windows was a very welcome bonus. A/C works great. Very comfy.

As to the "squeak" that was mentioned in other reviews: There is a squeak that can be heard in the downstairs bedroom, if someone is moving around in the loft. However, it didn't bother me or my girlfriend. I'm a very light-sleeper. My friend who used the loft is pushing 300 lb. So, if a 300 lb guy can walk around up there, and not bother the incredibly light-sleeper below, then I consider it a non- issue. It's worth remembering that this apartment is in a historic building, which is part of the charm. If you need church-mouse quiet, you might want to look into staying in a modern hotel.

That said, if noise is indeed an issue for you, then you should probably seek accommodations outside the city center. This unit is located right in the middle of the action, so street noise does exist on the weekends. Still, it didn't bother us a bit. I've stayed in plenty of city-center hotels/apartments, so I knew what to expect. The street level noise was a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I expected face-painted Eagle fans to be walking down the streets in large groups, loudly chanting. Instead, we heard the occasional burst of laughter, and that's about it. No exciting noise at all. (FYI - A perfect fix for the street noise is to go down to street-level, and join in.)

Josh was incredibly responsive to all of my pre-booking questions, and was equally easy to work with after booking (not to mention he's an invaluable source of local info.) We followed the instructions for checking in/out of the place to the letter, and everything went off without a hitch. In fact, we never needed to contact him at all (except for food recommendations) after I booked the place. There's a binder on the coffee table that has all the info you could possibly need to make your stay comfortable.

All in all, this place is exactly what we needed and wanted. I don't really have anything to criticize. If you need a really nice and comfortable place in the middle of it all, while not breaking the bank, this place will tick all the right boxes.

For good food:
Pete's Pizza - 1 minute walk
Prime Stache - 5 second walk
Second Floor Brewery - 15 second walk
Sonny's Famous Cheese Steak - 3 minute walk
I could go on and on.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the original floors and massive windows.
Liked least: Pete's Pizza was a 1 minute walk. I would prefer 30 seconds.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway
Sheena235
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This is a really lovely loft. A lot of care has gone into furnishing it with good quality items. It feels like a real home. The kitchen was well stocked and washer and dryer were very handy. Everything was very clean.
We had easy instructions to follow to enter flat and were happy to find an elevator to take us to our floor. Used the elevator most days and always worked well.
A little bit of noise on Friday and Saturday night but not too much.
The loft is close to the river, restaurants and historical buildings.
We loved the space in this building and would book again.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
KimberlyL...
“Lovely loft”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

It was in a great location and it was super cute. Also super clean. Perfect for a weekend to hang out for the 104.5 radio birthday party at the susquehanna bank center across the river! Would stay again. Thanks josh for your quick responses to my questions and for making thins so simple!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Didi C
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stayed for a Month - GREAT PLACE!”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We were in Philadelphia for a month to help with our new grandchild. We were there to support our daughter and son-in-law with the transition to parenthood. This apartment was great- comfortable bed, well appointed kitchen. All was great.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Lee T
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great location for tourist attractions, but noisy at weekends.”
Reviewed 18 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

The review rating is really between a 3/4, but 4 rates very good and I think that is too much...but reasonable overall. The plus points certainly are the location for sites. Many tourist attractions are close by and local bars and restaurants are plentiful and of a nice standard. The general size of the accommodation is good and furnishings are very nice indeed. However, there are some negatives which will annoy some (maybe with children) and not bother others. Street noise at the weekend is pretty significant. People leaving local bars after midnight tend to share the fact that they've had a good night and as the window is single glazed, you can hear it all. The one large window has no curtains, so it's very light. There is a rail, but nothing else other that small net curtains? This seems a simple fix but has been ignored. The upper bedroom does have a low ceiling but with care this isn't really a problem. The key point really is the squeaky floor. If someone sleeping up there gets up in the night, anyone staying in the main bedroom directly below is likely to be woken. Would I recommend to a friend....sadly not, especially for the price. As stated, really nicely furnished and a great location and if you're the sort to stay out late and have a few drinks to sleep through anything, it's for you. if not or you have children and want some degree of quiet at night (mainly weekends to be fair), then it may not be for you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location for tourist attractions.
Liked least: Location for weekend noise.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Douglas T
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location - some minor issues”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Super location just blocks from Independence Hall and a block from Delaware River. Excellent restaurants and bars nearby (Han Dynasty and Khyber Pass recommended ). Blocks from Market Street. Couple of items to note - the upstairs has two beds but a very low ceiling with exposed beams - watch your head! Best for kids. Also upstairs is exposed to the street noise. You'll need to pay around $25 a night to park your car in a nearby lot. And we some trouble getting the lockbox to open at first- it finally did - but momentary heartburn as Josh is not on site. Overall was a great spot to stay in.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: upstairs bedroom low ceiling / road noise
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Maryland
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing