“Good for Lunch”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Neighbourhood: University City
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Very nice people. Place was a little dated, but the staff were very attentive. However it was about 2:30 in the afternoon and there were very few folks in there.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

First there was a 20 minute wait, which is unusual for us. We always get a table right away at other Chilis locations. Once we were seated, our waitress took forever to come to the table. Once she did, she took our drink orders, which took 15 minutes to come out. The service here is just terrible. It wasn't crowded to capacity, so I don't understand the long waits. I waited over 20 minutes for a buffalo wing appetizer and over 30 minutes for my dinner. My 2 year old was becoming irritated because he was hungry and the food was taking way too long. Not to mention we kept asking for a kid's menu and crayons to keep him occupied. The waitress was not consistent in seeing if we needed anything. No coasters for our cups, no extra napkins. She was also very slow bringing everything to the table including drinks, containers and the check. The food was very good when it came out but the service was very poor. I will NEVER go back to that Chilis again. I'd rather go downtown to Filbert St. or to City Ave.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Cannot find a listing for the Chili's on Oregon Avenue in South Philly, but even thought the food is fairly ok, the services is one of the worst ever. I can never understand when a restaurant is almost emptly and you still have to wait 15 mins for the staff to get your drink order and just as long to put in the food order in. The dishes are yucky looking they look like they got them from a flea market with marks on it that make them look dirty. When you go in there are plenty of waiters and waitress but they are usually cht chatting about stuff..even to the extent you hear them chattering away in the back but hardly anyone takes note of you. Management is much better ..they do not ask is all ok..and if you say something they sort of brush you off. The whole place is dingy looking ..cooks take forever but taste wise it's ok..but with the seeminly couldn't care less attitude of the whole place..its not at all in comparison to say center city or elsewhere ..which i enjoy and higher quality that this place..

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Had a quick lunch at Chili's on Chestnut Street near the University of Pennsylvania. They have a GF menu so my wife was able to eat without a lot of concern. She had the spicy soup with sausage, which wasn't great. I had a GF grilled chicken caesar, which was good. Glass of wine for each of us, a little overpriced. The server was great, though.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was visiting friends studying at Wharton, and chanced upon Chilis at the corner, so I decided to try the food there, since Chili's is much more expensive in Singapore.

The food is slightly above average, but I'm more impressed by the friendly service provided, even when there's lots of guests and diners around. The ambience is great as well, and is a place that I will definitely return to in the future.