“Good experience”

D'Angelo's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
D'Angelo's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 4,369 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good experience”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently ate at D'Angelo's with some out-of-town friends. I had spaghetti with clams in a red sauce and my wife had soup and an antipasto salad. Both our meals were good. All six of us enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. The physical condition of the restaurant left a little to be desired. It could use a facelift. We would return to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I don't get the few negative comments here about the food. It is excellent! I've eaten here more times than I can count and have NEVER had a less than perfect dish. Service is superb! The owner is very gracious and makes it a point to sat hello to his patrons. Gus behind the bar is absolutely great. This place has an old time appeal to it. This is my go to Italian dining spot when in Philadelphia!

Thank Charles D. S
Eurkea California
“Favorite Family Celebratory Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

For almost three generations my family has been celebrating all our special occasions at this location. Regardless if it is for only a party of two, up towards family gatherings for 20+ individuals all at one table. The service is always the exact same Excellent!
Personal and intimate," elegance is still in style" here which I just Love about the entire Restaurant and their staff. There are few places where one looks froward to dressing up for a dinner, and this is the one Restaurant where I pull out only my best to wear and be seen by those who appreciate finer old elegance. No matter what we order (over the years tried every dish at one point or another) can say all favorites. For impressing a client, future in-laws, or a heart throb, take them here and you will find undiscovered respect for your choice with this restaurant. Hands down. Go and enjoy but leave us a table for when we go.The Trimmer Family.

• Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Italian Dining Experience”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Went with 5 associates, this was my third visit. Service was most hospitable, nice atmosphere. All five of us had different dishes, from veal to fish to pasta and all proclaimed their meal excellent. Somewhat formal atmosphere, they clearly take serious pride in the food. We were all as delighted with our experience this time as we were the previous visits.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“super old school”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place had been around for years. It is super solid Italian food in a city of Italians. I think it had a dance floor on the third floor. I have never been. The main seating area is on the second floor with a bar on the first. This is the kind of place that when you walk up the steps there are a million photographs of famous people, most of whom you won't know of you are under 30. The food is great though

Visited November 2013