“Gourmet? No. Great for a diner? Yep.”
Review of Midtown II Restaurant - CLOSED

Midtown II Restaurant
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Gourmet? No. Great for a diner? Yep.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Would return to this restaurant - actually did in a span of just a couple days. Would recommend to friends.

Ordered delivery found through Yelp once from here, dined in on another occasion a couple days later.

The menu is *massive*. I looked it over the first night and noticed how huge it was. Only wanted cheesesteaks, so it was easy.

When we went to the diner a couple nights later, I joked to a friend to name the first food he could think of... that I was sure it would be on the menu.

"Monte Cristo," he said. Yep, it's in there.

So we wanted cheesesteaks delivered to our downtown hotel at 2:30 in the morning. Found Midtown Diner on Yelp and called them up. Didn't expect much in the way of customer service in a 2:30am call to a downtown diner... but was shocked by the result. Guy on the phone was friendly, patient and made sure of the accuracy of the order. Sandwiches arrived hot, tasty and better than expected.

Prices were very reasonable.

Based on the positive experience, we visited the diner later on. Service, once again, was friendly and quick. Server was patient with us and made suggestions on the order.

Had a chicken sandwich, which was good. Certainly met expectations.

Upon checking out at the front register, met the guy who answered the phone when we'd ordered delivery. Said he'd owned the place for 30 years... and clearly took pride in his establishment. I love that. It was a pleasure meeting him.

Oh yeah... we tried scrapple. Yikes. Not the Diner's fault. Not sure how that's a "thing" in Philly.

Need downtown delivery? Call 'em up.

In Center CIty and looking for a Diner with something for everyone? Stop on by.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank chris55812

NJ
“Nice, but a Little Dark and Dirty”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The food came out pretty fast, but the service was a okay. The waiter was nice and friendly, but he was not understanding of specific food details. Our party was big so the fact that there was no issue with seating was good. Overall, this was an average experience and if you are in the area and are limited to options, then this is the place to go.

• Visited December 2013
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“fast, big and delicious”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Attentive and quick service. Friendly. Nice interior. Good size booths. Very fair prices for the city; $15 for 2 for breakfast.

Visited December 2013
Long Island
“You can't really go wrong with a diner right?”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We didn't have much choice on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad I didn't order the turkey dinner, it didn't look at all appealing with its yellow gravy. Waitress was pleasant, but her service was terrible. Slow, slow, slow and forgetful. It took forever to get the food, diners are usually fast. I had to get my own napkins from the counter.

The Midtown II Reuben was ok and so was my Turkey Club. We had to order fried separately because every thing was ala carte. Mine was suppose to come with chips, but they never made it to the plate.

The manager/owner just stared at his guests, no smile, no Happy Thanksgiving. It was sort of creepy.

• Visited November 2013
Santa Fiora, Italy
“Adore this place”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A visit to Philadelphia isn't complete without going here at least once.I love the real,friendly neighborhood atmosphere.the servers are friendly and it's a reliable place to have typical american diner food anytime of day or night.the menu is enormous.I liked everything I had,from pancakes to eggs to meatloaf,hot turkey sandwich,steak and eggs.over the years the only thing I didn't like was the lemon meringue pie.the location is good too.close to the fantastic Alexander inn.