“Outstanding experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 4,317 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
ETOBICOKE
“Outstanding experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Too my wife to celebrate her birthday. We arrived without having a reservation and found out from the host that it was restaurant week and the restaurant was fully booked. After explaining that we were there to celebrate her birthday, he said he would see what could be done to seat us. We sat at the bar, order our drinks and was pleasantly entertained by the bartender. To our surprise the host returned with good news of a table. From this point on the rest of the night is one that I can say is an unforgettable experience and one I hope to have more of. Well done to a very professional staff.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GLADSTONE W

• Korean first
Smyrna, Delaware
“Great Food and Service No Tempura Onion Rings though :-(”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I won't write a lengthy review of this location because my wife and I frequent at least once a year and always enjoy our meal and service.

We typically celebrate our anniversary at a steakhouse and this year we chose this location (previous year we were at the Ruth's Chris in Crystal City, VA). After having the tempura onion rings with my steak last year in Crystal City I was REALLY!! looking forward to them this year at the Philadelphia location were we were spending our anniversary weekend. I was disappointed upon surveying the menu and speaking to the waiter that they did not offer the Tempura Onion rings at this location, only the regular steakhouse onion rings. Our meal and service however were still great.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Service and Food Quality not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We frequent the big name steakhouses such as Capital Grill, Ruth's Chris and Morton's, in various cities throughout the US, so I think we are in a pretty good position to render an opinion. On a recent visit to this restaurant, we were struck by the apparent lack of concern (initially) with our presence. It was a theater night and the pre-theater crowd was mid-meal, so they were a bit busy when we arrived. The manager overheard me comment that our drinks were taking a quite while, so he came right over and engaged us in conversation, stating that our drinks were on the house. Great job!! It's just that the service didn't really improve from that point, even when the restaurant became almost empty as the curtain rose on Wicked next door. Kind of strange. Perhaps, it is for that reason, that I opted not to say anything when my steak arrived pretty significantly overcooked. Ordinarily, I would send it back, but my husband's steak was perfect and I just didn't want to go through the drill. Overall, I would say that this chain has, in every other location I have visited, remained consistently good. This one however, which I understand has been recently franchised, just does not deliver on the attention to detail we have come to expect, especially for a meal in this price range (over $300 with tax and tip for 2). Also, this restaurant would do well to offer a summertime special of some sort, as I've seen other locations do. Perhaps then, it would not be nearly empty by 8PM on a Saturday night. We don't mind spending a lot for premium food and service, this just didn't hit the mark.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NJkenzie212
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“A let down after our experience at the AC location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We ate early on a weekday evening before heading out to see "Wicked". Our waiter was wonderful. All the early arrivals were packed into on section, so after a short time we had people sitting right next to us on both sides. If they had been jammed..... but there was room to spread the tables out. The food is very expensive, which is fine, we went in knowing this, but on this particular trip I didn't see the value as in our previous visits to other locations. The appetizers and the potatoes were the best part of the meal in my opinion. I should have sent my lamb chops back, now when I look back, they were a little too cooked for my liking.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lizzie814
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
“As always great food, great atmosphere !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Ruth's Chris cuisine is perfection! The wait staff is friendly, courteous and professional. High price but also high value ! You truly get what you pay for. This was my Father's Day treat and believe me there is nothing better than a perfect steak with my loved ones. My vegetarian wife was even surprised at the quality of options for her (roasted portobello mushrooms) and my picky six year old had no issues with the children's offerings. The wait staff was even flexible enough to mix sparkling water with cranberry juice so that my kid's could simulate wine. :) First rate and first class all the way. The best part of the experience is the General Manager taking the time not only make sure I am ok but also to take time to talk to me children.

• Visited June 2013