“Good & Cheap Eats for Indian Food in University City, Philadelphia”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #900 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: University City
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family have been going to New Delhi for the past 6 years and the food is usually consistent good. The price is reasonable especially for lunch buffet style. Good place for group lunch as well.

There are newer reviews for New Delhi

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I eat here a lot..best buffet. Best chicken tikka masala. Service is excellent..don't forget to try the mango ice cream

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The price was excellent. Staff was quick and eager to serve. Food was hot and quite tasty. However there was lack of variety. Only about 6 hot dishes. Worth a shot if looking to experiment. Overall we had a nice evening!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

A few of us were looking for a good Indian restaurant in Philadelphia and went to New Delhi purely on the basis of the reviews that we read on the internet. The ambiance was fine but the food was terrible. We ate at the buffet and I have to say that the food was really not up to the mark. We have had food in Indian restaurants in Malvern where the food was really good.

My colleague had the goat dish and advised me strictly not to have it as it had a very peculiar taste of half cooked meat. I had the chicken tikka masala which was ok but the other dishes I tried namely chole and bhindi really didnt have any taste. Also the samosas that we tried tasted of burnt oil. Also the naans that they served looked like pita breads. The only good thing was the dessert that we had at the end of our meal. We had ice cream and kulfi. The Kulfi was really good.

We are definitely not going back again to New Delhi although it is celebrating 25 years of its opening this year.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

New Delhi is one of my favorite restaurants in the University City. The place is nice and clean, staffs are always, food are always delicious. The buffet price is $8.95 for lunch and $11.95 for dinner and there's a 10% student discount. Sign up for their mailing list and they'll send out 15% coupon sometimes.
The buffet menu is different from Monday to Friday but Chicken Tikka Masala is always on the menu. It's so delicious that I can't resist it. The buffet price also include free dessert. Try the Kulfi, you won't regret it. The ice cream are good too.

1  Thank Fan J