“Homewood -a home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, United States
“Homewood -a home away from home”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites several times, it is always clean, comfort and the locations is great. I will continue to use and recommend anyone who needs a home away from home to stay at the Homwwood Suits.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
State College, PA, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

When I have an extended stay in Philly, I only stay at Homewood Suites. One HS in particular is my favorite: the one on City Avenue. The staff are friendly, professional, accommodating, warm, knowledgeable, without fail. I've stayed at the HS on City Ave for five consecutive years...every May for two weeks to teach a course. They are so thorough they remember me by name and have all the amenities ready that I've requested from the year before! The hotel is clean, modern, in walking distance to great chain restaurants, mid-range and high-end shopping, and about 60 seconds from I76...which will take you anywhere you want to go in the city. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Boston
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The food was bad and the staff was impatient and rude, not my definition of 'Brotherly Love'. We were rushed out of breakfast on both mornings during a weekend stay, so don't plan on having a leisurely visit here. The only thing edible was the waffles we made ourselves. I wish they told me about the 100% guarantee, I would have demanded a full refund!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Calicia M
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the minute we checked in we were treated like the most important guests there!! Robert and the lovely lady who checked us in went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The Managers reception buffet dinner was a lovely included extra as was the breakfast. Room was spacious and clean. The only downside was we were only staying for one night!!! Thanks Robert and staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sun Lakes, Arizona
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The front desk staff were just the best. Very Very Helpful as were the rest of the staff. Room was very nice and very clean. Great view of downtown buildings. Bathroom was spotless. BK was super as was the dinner in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of downtown.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Pomona, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel was okay but not great but the elevator was out which caused a lot of time standing and waiting or having to use the stairs up and down. No accommodation was made for our bikes to bring them inside and getting them up in the elevator was impossible the one day we attempted to do that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Carole N
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the elevator and place for your bikes during your stay. Then elevator issue has been resolved. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Piscataway, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

From the moment I walked in your staff truly made my stay an enjoyable one. I would like to thank the staff for providing me with all the information and tools I needed to get around the city. It was so nice to have both breakfast and dinner after a long day. The guests were very pleasant and I enjoyed speaking with all the new friends I made including the staff. I will recommend the Homewood Suites to all of my friends and family members and I look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business