“One of the best place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #42 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed there for 5 day, overall I had a great impression about the hotel from beginning to the end. All stuffs are professional and responsible. Hotel rooms are clean and neat. All I can say is I felt like home there. I definitely will come back. i will also tell my family and friends about it. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went to a funeral yesterday during a terrible snowstorm. Headed to go back home, but it took over an hour to drive less than a mile. Homewood Suites was the closest hotel, and they had ONE room left. Lucky me. First of all, the people at the desk were so friendly and wonderful. (Didn't get the gentleman's name, but I called several times on my way, asking about parking, directions, etc and he was always patient and jolly). We (my daughter was stranded with me) got a king size suite. Very comfy bed. Big rooms. Fairly quiet. I liked the 2 rooms bcs she's a tv watcher and I'm a reader. There were tv's in both rooms, the living area (with a full kitchen - burners, full size fridge, etc) and the bedroom. A bonus - which I had never had before at any hotel - was the buffet dinner included for the night. And it was GOOD! Penne pasta (cooked just right), chicken, tomato sauce (hot and yummy! with parmesan cheese to sprinkle on), cooked string beans, bread and rolls, and a salad bar AND wine! The dining area had nice chairs and tables, and felt like a dining room, not like some hotel dining areas.
Only negative in the room was that the bathroom sink was open to the bedroom, and the bathroom light switch (to private shower and toilet) also controlled this area, so we couldn't leave a bathroom light on for midnight visits.
This morning, again a hot buffet breakfast was included - yogurt, cereals, waffles, eggs with ham and cheese, (I would suggest they do this separately, as my daughter and I'm sure others don't eat ham or other meats), potatoes, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, etc.
Ran to the hotel lobby restroom before heading home - again, I was surprised at the thoughtfulness for their guests. There were lotion, eye makeup remover pads, feminine hygeine products, etc in a basket - again, something you don't often see in a hotel lobby rest room. Felt that the homewood suites went the extra mile for their guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel staff was helpful and extremely friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. They provided us with a well-rounded breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights a week. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Traveling almost every week for 4 months to the Philadelphia area was made much easier by Rob and his staff at the Homewood Suites. The whole staff went out of their ways to welcome guests and make them feel they are part of their family. Thank you to Holly, Toni, Jasmine, Jacqui, Agnes and Mariana!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is my second stay at this facility and I do like some things and some things need work and cleanliness being one of them. The first time I stayed the kitchenette table was dirty...like they didn't even bother to wipe it down as it had food smears and they failed to provide replacement face towels. This time the carpet in my room was very soiled and in bad need of steam cleaning. I didn't even want to walk on it in my socks and again they failed to provide me with face towels. Am I suppose to wash my face with a bath towel? Lastly both times they charged me $5.00 a day for parking when I parked on the street. By the way the parking lot is a slight skip and jump from the building in a very dark area. Kind of scary for $5.They removed the parking fees but is should have never been on there to begin with. The other thing I don't like is the curtains don't close. They just have sheers and the street light pours in and it always feels like someone could be watching you.
Now for the good....front desk staff are always friendly and so is the staff in the food area. The breakfast is very decent and the dinner at night is very convenient and who doesn't like free beer and wine. The rooms are a nice size and have kitchenettes. Love the swanky lobby and the location is around the corner from a Target, Saks and restaurants which come in handy. The best part of all the location is that it is right off I 76. This would be a perfect hotel if they could tighten up their cleanliness and servicing of the rooms. For these reasons I probably will stay at a different location next time I am in Philly.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is my second stay at this facility and I do like some things and some things need work and cleanliness being one of them. The first time I stayed the kitchenette table was dirty...like they didn't even bother to wipe it down as it had food smears and they failed to provide replacement face towels. This time the carpet in my room was very soiled and in bad need of steam cleaning. I didn't even want to walk on it in my socks and again they failed to provide me with face towels. Am I suppose to wash my face with a bath towel? Lastly both times they charged me $5.00 a day for parking when I parked on the street. They removed it but is should have never been on there to begin with. The other thing I don't like is the curtains don't close. They just have sheers and the street light pours in and it always feels like someone could be watching you. Also the parking lot if you do pay the $5 dollars is a slight skip and jump from the building in a very dark area. Kind of scarey. Now for the good....front desk staff are always friendly and so is the staff in the food area. The breakfast is very decent and the dinner at night is very convenient and who doesn't like free beer and wine. Love the swanky lobby and the location is around the corner from a Target and restaurants which come in handy. The best part of all the location is that it is right off I 76. This would be a perfect hotel if they could tighten up their cleanliness and servicing of the rooms. For these reasons I probably will stay at a different location next time I am in Philly.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The parking lot is not adjacent to the hotel, but close by. The only problem I had was the noise. The guests in nearby rooms were very noisy. At 3:00 am, there was loud talking in the hallways.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple