“I Could Live Here. Almost…..”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am a died in the wool NYorker, so really I couldn't actually live there, but this is one terrific hotel
We stayed one night. It's a one bedroom apartment with a full size fridge, a living room area and a separate bedroom. We had a view of the city out of one window and the reservoir out of the other window. There's a well designed bathroom, 2 flat street TV's, and lots of drawers and a closet. Comfortable. The room includes breakfast, a big step up from the Hampton Inn (sister chain) and dinner! Dinner? the menu changes every day of the week. We did not eat dinner but I did go to see what was cooking. Wine and beer included. What a wonderful idea for people who get back after a long day and just want to eat something and relax.
The front desk is staffed by cheerful people who want you to be happy. Thank you Holly and Toni for making that go well. I would return here any day.

Room Tip: Higher is probably better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Parking across the street and only $5.00 a day. Large breakfast and dinner area with plenty of food options, hot breakfast including waffles. Dinner choices during the week were big hearty meals. Complimentary beer and wine every night as well. Staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. Room had kitchente and full refridgerator and the cleanliness was superb.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

From start to finish, this property is always top-notch. I stay here every four weeks, and the level of service is consistently excellent. From Rob McDevitt, to Holly, to Jasmine, to Toni, and to Agnes I am never disappointed. (Sorry if I missed anyone.) This feels like a "home away from home", and I know I will be greated warmly and with utmost respect with each stay. The complimentary breakfasts, and weeknight dinners are a huge savings for the traveler. As a single traveler, I always feel safe in this hotel, which is very important to me. Another great perk is the free wireless, which works very well. If you are planning to be in the Philadelphia area - for business, or for pleasure, this Homewood Suites location would be at the top of my list. You will get a great value for your money and always feel most welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I am a weekly visitor at the Homewood Suites, City Avenue. As such, I check out each Friday and check back in on Monday. The desk staff (Toni, Jasmine, and Jacqui) work seamlessly with management (Rob and Holly) to provide great service. Plus they work with each guest to understands their needs (and their likes and dislikes). For instance, I was planning to go out for dinner after work, because the complimentary dinner tonight is Philly cheesesteaks. However the cooks at the Hilton mix in peppers, which I don'the like. I arrived to find Jasmine preparing to pull a plate of steak to the side, before the peppers get mixed in. Simply because I mentioned to Agnes (oversees the food services area). Agnes told Rob, who told Jasmine, and I had a wonderful dinner! My own mother wouldn'the have done that!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Eileen C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Robert McDevitt was incredibly thoughtful and helpful during our stay. He assisted with ideas and directions and kept the business center humming. It's clear he inspires his staff to do the same. This will be our "home away from home" when we visit our son who recently relocated to the area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I love this hotel. They were extremely considerate at the Front Desk. Holly was great as well as the woman who checked us out. We had 3 rooms. All in a row. We were there for a funeral and they made the stay excellent and peaceful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was a right choice to stay in this hotel while visiting Philadelphia. Very convenient location. Clean hotel. Great breakfast and dinners with vine. Very relaxing. Staff is very nice. We really felt like part of the family!!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Homewood Suites University City
#27 of 88 in Philadelphia
City Center East
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue? Share your experiences!